Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #106
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
@Mono
Is the the bar at the bottom of the screen visible for you? It was the only way to refresh the screen within the app., as far as i remember.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #107
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
No it is not visible. I did not mention it is missing, because I forgot, it used to be there.

Meanwhile, you may refresh by Next/Prev Page button. Not so comfortable, but works.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #108
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
No it is not visible. I did not mention it is missing, because I forgot, it used to be there.

Meanwhile, you may refresh by Next/Prev Page button. Not so comfortable, but works.
I don't think Next/Prev Page helps, this does only a partial refresh (only what you have written gets refreshed and becomes white again) and over time a lot of noise is generate on the screen. Try scrolling through some of your old notes. After about 20 pages it becomes pretty annoying...
Old 01-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #109
moosewoler
moosewoler began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox i62hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterx View Post
That is a good idea. I managed to compile it statically but am currently not able to test it. The binary is attached.
NICE! I've tested it on boox i62hd. It works very well.
moosewoler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:04 AM   #110
GerryT
GerryT began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Dear Peter, in comment 94 I described a major issue (that Scribble crashed when opening another file) and I would like to report that everything is fine with your static version. No crash, everything perfect.

There is only the small wish left to have something like "Save as". Thanks.
GerryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:54 AM   #111
por
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryT View Post
Dear Peter, in comment 94 I described a major issue (that Scribble crashed when opening another file) and I would like to report that everything is fine with your static version. No crash, everything perfect.

There is only the small wish left to have something like "Save as". Thanks.
There is still the issue with the missing toolbar on the bottom of the page
Old 02-16-2013, 07:38 AM   #112
GeorgB
GeorgB began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Error when creating a PDF file from the scribble app

Thanks peterx. This application is very nice and easy to use too.
I have used it a lot during the past and like it, but I have a problem when importing the files, created on the Onyx M92, to the Xournal application.
When I create a PDF-file from within Xournal, the very first page in the scribble file is only shown partly, approximately about 2/3 of the height and 2/3 of the width is shown in page 1 of the PDF-file. Alle other pages are shown exactly as they are shown in the scribble application on the Onyx M92. It may of course be an error in the Xournal application, but if any "out there" knows af version of Xournal without that error, please inform me, otherwise I will like very much to get rid of that error in the scribble app.
GeorgB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #113
Valec
Valec began at the beginning.

Device: M92
I have observed the same behaviour as GeorgB. But I just use the first page to put some info like date, title etc and than it's fine.

Also, I don't see no bottom toolbar. It would be nice if the toolbar could be repaired .
Valec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #114
por
Groupie

Unfortunately the app doesn't seem to work with the new multitasking feature. when you're within the app most items are missing from the taksbar and the menu doesn't appear at all when you press the menu button .
Old 05-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #115
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
I am new to the app, just installed scribble_static.oar from the Jan 12 post. My device is an M92 with firmware 1.8 20130425.
What I am seeing is a blank screen with 5 objects on top (left arrow, scribble icon, eraser icon, folder icon, right arrow). I have the following questions:
1. Is this the version I should use, or an earlier version? There is some talk above about a row of icons on the bottom, which I cannot see...
2. To create a new note, you need to navigate to "Internal Storage" and rename "scribble.xoj", then start the app to get a blank note?
3. Is it possible to specify a different folder for new scribbles, or must it be in "Internal Storage"?
4. Is it possible to display page numbers?
5. What does the folder icon do?
6. Is there a way to set a different (e.g. lined) background?
7. Any plans for further development?
Thanks in advance for any help, and kudos to peterx for developing this for free!
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:01 AM   #116
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
6. No, only blank background is possible.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:25 AM   #117
lepau
Connoisseur
lepau doesn't litterlepau doesn't litter

the static scribble provided by peterx runs on my M92.

when I, however, try to compile an actual git-checkout of scribble myself, it compiles smoothly, but crashes immediately on the M92.
did I miss something?
lepau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #118
lepau
Connoisseur
lepau doesn't litterlepau doesn't litter

maybe I compiled with the SDK of an old firmware
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=215

or its because it is dynamic instead of static ( my compilation is much smaller than peterx's static )

Last edited by lepau; 11-10-2013 at 05:54 AM.
lepau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #119
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Peterx has made a static compilation too because there is some troubles with some firmware.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #120
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
I made two scribble-related discoveries recently that I would like to share:

1. PocketBook stylii are much nicer than Onyx ones. The tip has less movement, writing is more accurate and less noisy. Makes a big difference for me.

2. I had given up on the built-in scribble app a long time ago, but I checked the M92 wishlist on the wiki today and was pleasantly surprised that several of my requests had been implemented. In my opinion, there is only one issue which keeps the M92 from being a pretty good note-taking tool. I added this to the wishlist:

"When scribbles are exported, the pages of the file are saved as individual .png files with filenames entered by the user. In order to be really usable, the folder (containing the .png images) should also inherit this filename, instead of having a system-generated name. Otherwise there is no way to quickly browse the titles of saved scribbles."

If anyone is still using the M92 for note-taking, how do you do it? Scribble app, pdf, or peterx's app?

Booxtor, if you are reading this: any chance the above mentioned change will be implemented?

Last edited by Jmirko; 09-15-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote