Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Is the T2 in stores in US?

Has anyone in the US seen a PRS-T2 in person in a store? I'm going to be helping a family member shop for a reader - not sure yet which one we'll be getting. Would like to have a hands-on look at the T2 for comparison with the Nook, Kindle et al.

I haven't seen the PRS-T2 in the online stores of Best Buy, Target, etc. but I know they sometimes have different products in the stores than online. I thought some of the electronics aficionados on this site might know more than I do
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I don't believe there are any sold in-stores unless there is a Sony store in your area. I bought mine on-line. Unfortunately you will probably have to rely on video reviews for comparisons.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. When I bought my T1, Best Buy and Target had them in the store - I was hoping somebody was carrying the T2 now. I guess my family member can at least try out my T1 to get some idea what the T2 would be like.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have both a T1 and T2. If they like the T1, then they should like the T2. The outside is very similar, and the firmware isn't much different. I really liked my T1 screen when that model came out, and I like the T2 screen even better. Sony has called it a more "natural" book-like experience. They've done something to the font rendering to make the text thinner and smoother.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #5
4691mls
Wizard

That's good to know, in case weight/feel is a consideration. One reason I chose the T1 for myself was it fit in my hand better than the Nook or Kindle (obviously this is highly subjective).
Old 11-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Only the button placement is different on the T2. They are placed higher up which I like, but they are harder on the edges which I don't like so much. The T1 & T2 will fit the same Sony case.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #7
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Also the T2 comes in a matte black rather than glossy which I also like better. The white and red versions are still glossy.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #8
4691mls
Wizard

Well, we went shopping today and she ended up with a Nook Tablet - she decided it would be fun to have the extra stuff, and it was on clearance for $129 at Staples. Thanks for all your help anyway!
Old 11-18-2012, 01:45 AM   #9
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

I hope she enjoys her new Nook Tablet! I have the original Nook Color. I like it for magazines and enhanced books with videos embedded in them. One thing I like about the B&N bookstore that I wish Sony would implement is the Daily Find for the deal of the day and Free Friday books.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #10
4691mls
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I hope she enjoys her new Nook Tablet! I have the original Nook Color. I like it for magazines and enhanced books with videos embedded in them. One thing I like about the B&N bookstore that I wish Sony would implement is the Daily Find for the deal of the day and Free Friday books.

I think she's slowly figuring out how to use the Nook.

Yeah, wouldn't it be cool if Sony had more specials like Nook or Kindle?
I've pretty much given up even looking at the Deals & Freebies forum on Mobileread since it seems about 99% of the free books posted are Kindle.

Oh well, I read mostly library books and I bought the Sony for its features, not for the Sony store. I do like having the internet capability and the multiple dictionaries. I especially like having both English and American English dictionaries - the English dictionary comes in handy when I read British books and need to know what the slang words mean!
Old 11-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #11
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Often the deals on Kindle and Nook are also available on the Sony store since they are publisher related. Sony just makes it hard to find the deals. Usually I search for deals on the other bookstores and then check Sony before purchasing.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #12
4691mls
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Often the deals on Kindle and Nook are also available on the Sony store since they are publisher related. Sony just makes it hard to find the deals. Usually I search for deals on the other bookstores and then check Sony before purchasing.
I hadn't thought of that! That's a good idea. I'll keep it in mind in case I see any interesting B&N or Amazon books posted in the Deals forum.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #13
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I have seen T2 in Best Buy stores in Florida.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote