Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-22-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
Bull06
Bull06 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Wrap Text Around Picture - Mobi

I am taking a book from InDesign, into ePub with text wrapped around pictures (picture to the right specifically). It comes out well in ADE, Calibre (ePub) and Nook for PC. However, when I convert to Mobi, it loses the text wrap and the picture actually aligns to the left. The sizes of the picture is small and does not split the page as I have done with to large a picture in the past.

Does any one have any ideas?!
Bull06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull06 View Post
when I convert to Mobi, it loses the text wrap
According to this section of the Wiki on Mobi here at mobileread:

Quote:
Format limitations

There are many limitations in the MOBI format. A few are listed here.
  • Text cannot flow around images taller than one line of text.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 09:25 AM   #3
Bull06

So is there a way to make it work for sale on Kindle?
Old 03-23-2011, 09:38 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
So is there a way to make it work for sale on Kindle?
I don't know what selling it for the Kindle has to do with this, but what dwanthny said, in shorter words, is that you can't reflow text around an image in Mobipocket books.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:39 AM   #5
Bull06

What about around text blocks? Does that fall in the same category?
Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
What about around text blocks? Does that fall in the same category?
I don't know. Check the wiki article, the specifications or ask in the MOBI subforum.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #7
Bull06

Thanks! I appreciate the help!