Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-10-2007, 06:26 PM   #1
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Lightbulb DJVU Viewer in Java on the iLiad

OK, all the iRex paging UI stuff is added in and working.

Next features to figure out how to handle are annotations and searching. With no TextArea the annotations weren't a slam dunk.

I also need to figure out where to store the current page number. I'm thinking the .mbp files the Mobipocket Viewer is using.

Next up, an installer. But tonight is my first wedding anniversary so it won't be tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	quantum182.png
Views:	2590
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	3478  
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:32 AM   #2
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
.mbp files are simple RIFF files so handling should be easy. I just never tried to find where Mobipocket stores the current page number (they probably store the file position and guess at the page number).
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2007, 03:22 AM   #3
vranghel
Addict
vranghel began at the beginning.

Device: Proud Iliad owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024

Next up, an installer. But tonight is my first wedding anniversary so it won't be tonight.

Hey! Happy anniversary Scotty!
vranghel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:22 AM   #4
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
The way he mentions "tonight" implies a happy marriage. :-)
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:26 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Yeah, have a great evening, Scotty!!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2007, 10:09 AM   #6
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
But tonight is my first wedding anniversary so it won't be tonight.
Yamp, have a nice night, Scotty. My parents have married on May 12th.
It would be cool to have a djvu viewer again.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:40 AM   #7
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Hurray!

Quote:
OK, all the iRex paging UI stuff is added in and working.

Next features to figure out how to handle are annotations and searching. With no TextArea the annotations weren't a slam dunk.

I also need to figure out where to store the current page number. I'm thinking the .mbp files the Mobipocket Viewer is using.

Happy anniversary !
(I am married for almost 29 years. It keeps getting better each year for us. I wish the same for both of you!)

I am happy you came back to developing for the iLiad again.
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:12 AM   #8
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Another happy anniversary! My husband and I will celebrate our 20th this summer.

For later: will the annotations be attached to the "page" or to a location in the text, sort of like stickies? I'm wondering how resizing fonts or changing orientation would affect the annotations.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:12 PM   #9
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Thank you everyone! We were kinda new to the whole anniversary thing but we had a good time!

For the non-Average Joe's out there, and you know whom you are, I attach the DJVU code. I've still got to craft the page save logic and an installer but you can get a peek now.

The javadjvu.jar and djvu.sh from the zip need to be copied to /home/intent and then (carefully) apply these hacks to er_registry.txt.

Code:
[USER_APPLICATIONS]
uaIDList=SHELL;BROWSER;IPDF;APABIMOBI;IMAGEVIEWER;SETUP;PROFILES;EBA;MOBIPOCKET;DJVU
[DJVU]
category=viewer
arguments=<FILENAME>
exec=/home/intent/djvu.sh
xResourceName=intent
channel=15
extensions=djvu;DJVU
[EXTENSION_INFO]
djvu=/usr/share/contentlister/Icon_mobipocket.png
DJVU=/usr/share/contentlister/Icon_mobipocket.png
I've been using the build.sh script and JDK 1.5.0_07 to build the source. There is no annotation support at present since there is not java.awt.TextArea on the iLiad.

I learned alot porting this hopefully you all will too. Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip djvu-0.1.zip (604.0 KB, 1330 views)
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:18 PM   #10
dusanmal
dusanmal began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
For new firmware 2.11 (where er_registry.txt is replaced by /mnt/settings/registry/registry.xml) following additions to the registry.xml worked well for me (based on the er_registry.txt by scotty1024 and registry.xml advice from AdamB. on n00b thread):

Inserted within <applications>

<application type="JAVADJVU">
<appCategory>viewer</appCategory>
<execute>/home/intent/djvu.sh</execute>
<argMask>_FILENAME_</argMask>
<xResourceName>intent</xResourceName>
<ipcChannel>15</ipcChannel>
<supportFormat>
<extName>djvu</extName>
<extName>DJVU</extName>
</supportFormat>
<appIconPath/>
</application>

Inserted within <extensions>

<extensionInfo>
<associateApp>JAVADJVU</associateApp>
<extName>djvu</extName>
<extIcon>/usr/share/contentlister/Icon_mobipocket.png</extIcon>
</extensionInfo>

<extensionInfo>
<associateApp>JAVADJVU</associateApp>
<extName>DJVU</extName>
<extIcon>/usr/share/contentlister/Icon_mobipocket.png</extIcon>
</extensionInfo>

Hope this helps n00bs like me ...

(More gory details: using mrxvt [could have used emelfm too] copied registry.xml to /mnt/free/notes [or any other shared place], from there copied it to Linux PC [or Win, there notepad editor would do the work] after connecting iLiad to it via USB, edited it [using emacs, other text editors would do also] there and copied it back to iLiad notes folder. [Kept registry.xml.old just in case]. Within iLiad copied new registry.xml to /mnt/settings/registry again using mrxvt [emelfm can be used as well]. Rebooted iLiad. Happy reading DJVU textbooks now! Thanks to all who made this in the first place...
dusanmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:05 AM   #11
Magura
Magura began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad v.2
DJVU Problem

This is something wonderful ,but only if it does . I have edit the registry.xml and copied djvu.sh with javadjvu.jar in /home/intent, but if I try just to open DJVU File - iLiad try to open it with Mobipocket and then happens nothing . iLiad show these files as Mobipocket, but can't open them . Please help me , I really need DJVU . Thanks
Magura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:09 PM   #12
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
javadjvu is not compatible with FW2.12.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:21 PM   #13
Magura
Magura began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad v.2
What can I do now? How can I read DJVU with 2.12
Magura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #14
Martijn
Connoisseur
Martijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad
Here's a version that works on my iLiad with firmware 2.12.
Installation is the same as for the original version, i.e.:
- unzip djvu-0.1a.zip
- move javadjvu.jar and djvu.sh to /home/intent
- update the registry as indicated in dusanmal's post

This is my first attempt at programming for the iLiad, so I hope everything works OK.
I just took Scotty's version and did some minor changes to make it work, but I haven't tested it extensively.
Attached Files
File Type: zip djvu-0.1a.zip (604.8 KB, 1068 views)
Martijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:38 PM   #15
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Install?

Can anybody make this an (automatic) install ?

Henk
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote