Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-27-2012, 12:20 AM   #1
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Nora Ephron passed away today

I've always enjoyed Nora Ephron's movies (such as Sleepless In Seattle, You've Got Mail, etc.) but I hadn't read her books until today. After reading of her death I was surprised to realize that I haven't read any of her written works, so I downloaded I Remember Nothing and in the first dozen pages I found myself doubled over with laughter. In these times it was a welcome experience.

I'm no good at writing literary criticism so I can't tell you why it's so good but I think it's a tribute to her genius that she can keep on making people happy. Nora Ephron will be missed by more than her family and friends.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote