Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
suzwhite
suzwhite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Overdrive digital editions pdf on Kindle

I'd like to find some way to read my library's adobe digital edition pdf ebooks from Overdrive on my Kindle... any way to make that happen?
Thanks
suzwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
The only way is to borrow the book, remove the DRM, and then you can view it on your Kindle assuming you have the latest firmware.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 12:50 PM   #3
Zorz
Zealot
Zorz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
you need to download the book and open it with adobe digital editions. Then you need to go to the adobe digital editions directory in your my documents and get the encrypted pdf.

Now that you have the encrypted pdf, you need to crack the adept drm, which can be done by searching google for DRM_Removal_Package.rar http://lmgtfy.com/?q=+DRM_Removal_Package.rar

Now you extract those files and drag your pdf into the "adobe adept for pdf" directory. Then you need to run ineptkey_v3.pyw, followed by ineptpdf_v2.pyw inserting the proper data.

Look for the Adobe Adept thread in the PDF section for a better tutorial.
Zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
Mitch G
Connoisseur
Mitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
And fwiw, I think it's worth converting the pdf to mobi before putting it on the kindle. Although some header/footer stuff might show up in the text, I find it generally easier to read on the kindle 2 than reading the PDF.

Mitch
Mitch G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:17 PM   #5
Zorz
Zealot
Zorz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
And fwiw, I think it's worth converting the pdf to mobi before putting it on the kindle. Although some header/footer stuff might show up in the text, I find it generally easier to read on the kindle 2 than reading the PDF.

Mitch
its even better to convert from pdf -> epub -> mobi for the kindle2/
Zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzwhite View Post
I'd like to find some way to read my library's adobe digital edition pdf ebooks from Overdrive on my Kindle... any way to make that happen?
Thanks
If your library has mobi books there is a non-DRM removing way to get them on your Kindle. If you choose to go the DRM removal route, please make sure you delete the books when their time is up as we don't want to encourage stealing from the Library (not saying that *you* would).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #7
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
So long as you delete the books when the time expires, I don't think the library will have an issue with you converting the books to read on your kindle. You pay for the privilege of checking out books from your local library through taxes - it is Amazon, not the library, which restricts your ability to read the books on your kindle.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:34 PM   #8
Mitch G
Connoisseur
Mitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
Well, they might have an issue with any DRM related activity taken even if the book is deleted when the loan period is over.
But, I think God/Buddha/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/Whoever should be fine with it.

Mitch
Mitch G is offline   Reply With Quote