Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-04-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
maroonmadness
maroonmadness began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
How do you get pdfs on the Nook?

Newbie posting here. I looked around and I am sure this is easy to find out, but how do you get the pdfs on your Nook?

I get the whole connect to the computer via usb cable, but where do I put the pdfs at on the Nook? Is there a certain folder that I need to drop them into?

Thanks!
maroonmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
crod
crod began at the beginning.

I just did that the other day but I do not remember the exact name of the folder. It was something like 'My Documents'. Simply copy and paste the PDF there and you will see it on your library.
Just do not expect the PDFs to look all that great. The Nook cannot format PDFs properly on the screen thanks to a poor Adobe implementation for such readers. Hopefully a much improved Acrobat Reader will be delivered in a future firmware.

CR
crod is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
gamassey
gamassey began at the beginning.

The best way is to download a copy of Calibre (free, but you should make a donation for this great software). Then it will convert the PDF or txt files to the ePub format that the Nook loves.
gamassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:11 AM   #4
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
When you connect your nook to your computer, you will see a new volume/drive called nook, put your pdfs and epubs into the My Documents folder there and after disconnecting nook from your computer you can access them by clicking my library/my documents (afair).
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #5
maroonmadness
maroonmadness began at the beginning.

Thank you so much!!!
maroonmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 04:03 AM   #6
techie6
techie6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techie6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techie6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techie6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techie6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techie6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techie6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techie6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techie6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techie6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techie6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I need some help. I've placed a lot of pdfs on my Nook, but when I try to access them I get the following message: "Activity library (in Application Library) is not responding." Why would I get such a message. Do I have too many on it?
techie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:15 AM   #7
rinaeem
rinaeem began at the beginning.

hey bro

HI,

CAn you tell me how to connect my Nook to the my pc ?

How do I connect the Nook 9 inch tablet to my pC. ?

Does the Nook 9 inch come with a cable ?
rinaeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:16 PM   #8
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinaeem View Post
HI,

CAn you tell me how to connect my Nook to the my pc ?

How do I connect the Nook 9 inch tablet to my pC. ?

Does the Nook 9 inch come with a cable ?
1. yes

2. yes

3. yes

It would probably help if you started a new thread instead of adding a question to a 4 year old thread.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote