Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-25-2014, 04:53 AM   #376
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlefor View Post
With new firmware 3.3 i have a bug :

When my Kobo turns off, i loose some books and reading place. If i connect the kobo to a pc, send any book (force a detection), old books reappears (but not reading place). But once the kobo turns off, it all starts again.
It's probably Kobolauncher related as no one without it seams have the same problem. I have one other hack installed : nightmode.
That sounds like a corrupt database on the device. While running, the device uses a cached copy of the database, but can't correctly write the changes to the database on the disk. When you power off and on, the corrupt version is read and the changes such as new books or reading position is lost.

You can check this when connected to a PC using an SQLite database manager or the Kobo Utilities plugin in calibre. The fix is to log out on the device and back in. A new database will be created during this process and the books reloaded. Unfortunately, the reading status of sideloaded books will be lost.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:30 AM   #377
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kobo touch
Thanks for the trick.
I did a full reset anyway.
Don't you think it's coming from kobolauncher?
Because it's the second time this problem happens to me with this firmware, and now i'm a bit scared to reinstall it
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2014, 07:00 PM   #378
Alastair_S
Zealot
Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Thanks for the trick.
I did a full reset anyway.
Don't you think it's coming from kobolauncher?
Because it's the second time this problem happens to me with this firmware, and now i'm a bit scared to reinstall it
No data loss problems here with 3.3 and KoboLauncher, but there's never any harm in backing up the database by copying it across to your computer.
Alastair_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:49 AM   #379
fanoI
Connoisseur
fanoI began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
I've a similar problem with CoolReader (that is present from the first version I installed), I don't lose books but when the battery is OFF and device force itself in shut down, it doesn't remember what book I was reading (it simply opens a random one) and worst it doesn't remember the last page: all books start again from page 1, annoying when you have read 75% of a book as you can imagine

A first pass should be to have at least a Alert when battery power is 5-10% so I'll recharge it, but losing positions shouldn't happen in any case I'd say
fanoI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:37 AM   #380
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch

Hi!

The new version 1.2.6.40 is released (see release notes for details).
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2014, 02:42 AM   #381
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo aura hd, kobo mini, Sony prs-t3
is there any hope to add a calendar/planner app to the list ?
xping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:41 AM   #382
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xping View Post
is there any hope to add a calendar/planner app to the list ?
Yes, I'm planning to add a simple task list (or todo list, mainly for my own purpose). But I have no time for complex calendar application.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:30 AM   #383
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kobo touch
Tested with new 3.5 firmware?
Thanks for the great work sergeyvl12

--
EDIT : do you have a link for 'Truth about Ukraine' that got subtitles?
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:28 PM   #384
Alastair_S
Zealot
Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
What's the reason for changing the exit behaviour of the Launcher? (I know how to regain the old behaviour, I want to know if doing so will cause problems.)
Alastair_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:54 AM   #385
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair_S View Post
What's the reason for changing the exit behaviour of the Launcher? (I know how to regain the old behaviour, I want to know if doing so will cause problems.)
Alastair_S, I need to kill nickel because from 3.3.0 it doesn't give us any chance to process events from power button, light button and sleep cover. Moreover, a lot of additional memory is available for CR and applications.

Alastair_S, I need restart Kobo after exiting because thay change rcS initialization script almost each release and I don't want to 'support each FW'. The advanced users can avoid restarting and just re-run nickel for their own FW.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:56 AM   #386
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Tested with new 3.5 firmware?
Thanks for the great work sergeyvl12

--
EDIT : do you have a link for 'Truth about Ukraine' that got subtitles?
Yes, it's reported in the "Cool Reader" topic that it works for 3.5.0 with Aura HD.

Thanks for hint about the links!
Old 07-14-2014, 04:08 AM   #387
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
@sergeyvl12: in koreader we use this >> https://github.com/koreader/koreader...kobo/nickel.sh to back to nickel (thanks to tshering for his work ) I tested this script with your kobo launcher and seems to work fine (I tested back to nickel after open coolreader and pbchess and so far so good

This approach should be compatible with fw from 2.6.1 to 3.4.1 (I don't test it in 3.5.0 because I have a mini, but as far as /etc/init.d/rcS doesn't change it should be ok)

Give it a try if you wish

BTW thanks sergey for all your work in kobos. Much appreciated!!
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:11 PM   #388
HaoZeke
Enthusiast
HaoZeke began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Help With the source code?

Could someone reupload the dropbox links from the first post, I would love to go through the source...

EDIT:- Also, I found that I was unable to delete files from the external sd card!? I hope its not just me, (Kobo Aura HD firmware 3.5)

Last edited by HaoZeke; 07-19-2014 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Added more details
HaoZeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:14 AM   #389
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
accented characters keyboard

Hi,

Thank you so much for this very nice piece of software !

I was just wondering if there was a way to customize the keyboard to have accented characters (like french : é è ê ë à ç œ, É È ... î ù). Especially for notepad.

I tried to search this thread with "accent", but couldn't find a post about it.

Thank you for any hint or link for a solution.

Regards

François
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:56 AM   #390
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxp33 View Post
Hi,

Thank you so much for this very nice piece of software !

I was just wondering if there was a way to customize the keyboard to have accented characters (like french : é è ê ë à ç œ, É È ... î ù). Especially for notepad.

I tried to search this thread with "accent", but couldn't find a post about it.

Thank you for any hint or link for a solution.

Regards

François
Yes, you can add new input language(s) for keyboard.

Please see the kbd.txt

each line of this file is a language. There are 2 languages in this file now: EN (English), RU (Russian)

The keyboard works "as is" for EN (thus there are no substitutions defined).

For 'RU' language we "substutute":

'q' with russian 'й' ;
'Q' with russian 'Й' ;
'w' with russian 'ц' ;
'W' with russian 'Ц'

and so on ...

You can easily remove 'RU' line and add your own line

You can have as many lines as you wish.

The format of kbd.txt is UTF-8 with UNIX-style line endings, without BOM. You can edit this file using notepad++ on WIndows.