Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #16
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Well, since you're asking:
http://www.digitalbookworld.com/2013...est-level-yet/

To the surprise of nobody who actually bothered to look at the numbers, the sweet spot for ebook profitability lies in the $2.99-7.99 range, not in the $9.99-14.99 range. Which is to say, sub-paperback pricing.
That must depend on the book. For example Reacher books are very expensive but I still believe they are very profitable.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #17
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
That must depend on the book. For example Reacher books are very expensive but I still believe they are very profitable.
That's because Lee Child is a Random House author, Random House has not settled yet. You can expect those prices to go down after the settlement.

Take a look at the chart at the bottom of the OP's link. Of the Top 25 ebooks, only books by Penguin and Random House are priced over $7.49. Those are the two publishers who are still under agency pricing.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #18
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
That's because Lee Child is a Random House author, Random House has not settled yet. You can expect those prices to go down after the settlement.

Take a look at the chart at the bottom of the OP's link. Of the Top 25 ebooks, only books by Penguin and Random House are priced over $7.49. Those are the two publishers who are still under agency pricing.

eP
But these books are not going down to paperback prices after the paperback is out. And that mean that they earn more money having it that way.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:50 AM   #19
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
Unfortunately, it appears that a lot of the authors I'm after are either Penguin or RH too 'cause so far I'm not seeing significant price reductions for James Patterson, John Sanford, and a bunch of the other folks that are on my 100+ book list of "would like to get these, but absolutely refuse to pay the
ridiculously high prices". And after his whining rant, I've added Scott Turow to the list of "not interested in buying at any price" list.

Recently, William Kent Krueger spoke at our local library. I wish I'd known in time to attend. I've read many of his books, and I'd have liked to ask why he was SPEAKING at an institution he and his publisher (as I understand it, Simon & Schuster typically refuses to sell ebooks to libraries) refuse to support by making his ebooks available there...
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #20
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I think Nora Roberts is a Penguin author, but she's the only one of my short "buy in hardback" author list that is.

Lois McMaster Bujold is a Baen author - alas, she writes so slowly!. I've got all her non-Vorkosigan books in hardback now, and would like the Vorkosigan ones in hardback too, except that I don't think they're available in that format.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote