Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-01-2017, 06:50 PM   #1
JoeSaligoe
JoeSaligoe began at the beginning.

Device: desktop
Book list without the books

I would like to see my book list, and group and sort it, on my tablet but I don't need to open any of my books on it. How can I do this? Can I export the book list from my desktop using excel if this isn't available? It seems the calibre companion app requires that the book contents be uploaded to the cloud before being able to work on the book list.
JoeSaligoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 06:57 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
right click the Conversions Icon: Catalog: <Choose a format best suited. EPUB and Mobi have covers. CSV needs a spreadsheet>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2017, 07:48 PM   #3
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
There's also the option of adding an empty format to your books (see add books menu)and sending that to Calibre Companion for a more flexible catalog.

That's what I've done for my paper books and ebooks chained to an particular platform, I added an empty txt to their Calibre entry so that I could then add their information to CC (I use a user defined catagory Collection to provide the platform or location of the book).
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book list export