Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-28-2017, 11:25 PM   #1
lorelei13
lorelei13 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.lorelei13 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.lorelei13 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.lorelei13 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.lorelei13 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.lorelei13 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.lorelei13 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.lorelei13 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.lorelei13 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.lorelei13 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.lorelei13 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle
Exclamation Help With Rebuilding My Calibre Settings

Hi.

Somehow my Calibre got corrupted and I had to totally uninstall and reinstall. I did not lose any of my books (thankfully) but when my books reloaded, all of my settings that I had put in (like Series name, a column to mark read/unread) are gone. I have a backup, but I have no idea what file may hold these instructions.

I am a longtime Calibre user, and this is the first time anything like this has happened. Any help that can be offered will be greatly appreciated!

Lorelei13
lorelei13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:58 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Uninstall does not delete the Library
Columns are part of each Library, not Calibre settings

Did you rebuild the Library? Had you removed metadata_db_prefs_backup

That was the Per Library setting backup that went with the metadata.db in the same folder
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2017, 09:39 PM   #3
lorelei13
lorelei13 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.lorelei13 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.lorelei13 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.lorelei13 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.lorelei13 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.lorelei13 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.lorelei13 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.lorelei13 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.lorelei13 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.lorelei13 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.lorelei13 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Uninstall does not delete the Library
Columns are part of each Library, not Calibre settings

Did you rebuild the Library? Had you removed metadata_db_prefs_backup

That was the Per Library setting backup that went with the metadata.db in the same folder
Can you tell me how to search for this and if it is possible to reinstall?
Thank you very much!
Old 08-29-2017, 10:10 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorelei13 View Post
Can you tell me how to search for this and if it is possible to reinstall?
Thank you very much!
Use Windows search
The first file are Library STRUCTURE Recovery tools. It restores Empty (and built from other) columns\. Built from other, needs the data in the recovery file stored with each title. (this may NOW be corrupted if you did anything except the Restore process)

The second IS the Library as you see it (this includes the linkage to the books in the Authors folders. THESE ARE A MATCHED SET. You can not mix and match )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:34 PM   #5
lorelei13

Thank you for the assistance. It is greatly appreciated.
Advert

Tags
missing calibre, reinstall, series organization