Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-28-2015, 12:53 PM   #1
lantydlar
lantydlar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
custom icons for ebook formats

All e-book formats in "My Caliber e-books" folder have the same ugly icon. Is there a way to customize the icons so that each e-book format has its own? Normally I customize icons by means of Microangelo On Display, but in this instance it does not work.
lantydlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 01:07 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by lantydlar View Post
All e-book formats in "My Caliber e-books" folder have the same ugly icon. Is there a way to customize the icons so that each e-book format has its own? Normally I customize icons by means of Microangelo On Display, but in this instance it does not work.
You are looking beneath the skirts using the OS? Bad idea as you can damage your library unless you know exactly what you are NOT allowed to change.

Your OS controls Icons for file extensions (formats). If you install a reader Ap from Amazon, it will set their formats to the Amazon Icon. Same with ADE, Adobe PDF ...

I would love to have a (optional) OS compatible Icon pack that I could use to set the OS to use the same (or historical version) icons as Calibre uses internally.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2015, 01:53 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
There are some thumbnailer programs that allow you to view the cover of the ebook as the thumbnail.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:05 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@lantydlar - in Windows you can change the file type icons a couple of ways see ==>> File Extension Icon - Change Default Icon

The utility mentioned there -- nirsofts File Types Manager -- will work on Windows '98 through Windows 10. I use that utility regularly.

Before you start changing file type properties via that utility or via registry hacking, I recommend you first take a system checkpoint, then if anything goes wrong you can do a system restore.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:04 AM   #5
Retiredjudge
Retiredjudge began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I have the same problem. EVERYTIME I update Calibre, it changes the icons in all my windows folders. Especially annoying, it assigns THE same icon to .mobi and .opf files, making it hard to find the book file. Is there anyway to stop this?

Thanks
Retiredjudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2017, 05:55 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Retiredjudge - if you

set the CALIBRE_NO_DEFAULT_PROGRAMS environment variable to 1,
and
run calibre-debug --default-programs unregister

that should 'fix' it.

BR
Old 09-01-2017, 01:14 AM   #7
Retiredjudge
Retiredjudge began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I don't understand

I don't understand what that means. I am a technodummy.

set the CALIBRE_NO_DEFAULT_PROGRAMS environment variable to 1,
and
run calibre-debug --default-programs unregister

that should 'fix' it.

I am a technodummy.

And NirSoft's utility will NOT fix this problem. (But I love that program)
Retiredjudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:48 AM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@Retiredjudge - Did you click on the blue underlined links and read what's there?

BR