Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-27-2014, 12:22 PM   #1
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Looking For Card-Like Page Turns (Like RSS Reader Feedly)

I use my iPhone a lot to read my books. I generally use the Kindle app; occasionally I'll use the iBooks or Overdrive app.

I also adore the way Feedly lets me put the reader in "card mode" so I can easily flick up with my thumb to change the view. It's much easier, for me, to to this action versus swiping or tapping on a certain spot to change views. Especially one-handed...

So, I've been on the hunt for an iOS app that does this type of page turn action. It may be a limitation of my Google-foo, but I cannot find anything that comes close to this behavior.

So, I turn to you - the reading community. Have you ever seen an iOS app that emulates this type of page turn behavior?

Thanks.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:18 PM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Mm, vertical vs horizontal is user-configurable in Goodreader, but that's just for PDFs. I think generally the vertical swipe is in use for other features, like brightness or menus, but you could always suggest this as an option to your favourite developer.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert