Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 09-23-2003, 08:56 AM   #1
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Exclamation JPluck 2.0 beta 3

JPluck converts web sites and RSS feeds to Plucker documents.

http://jpluck.sourceforge.net/

Key Features

- Easy-to-use GUI for managing sites and feeds
- Downloads sites using multiple connections
- Sends browser cookies to access login-based sites
- Dedicated conduit downloads and converts documents at HotSync (Windows only)
- Bookmarklet for converting pages from the browser
- Free, open-source software licensed under the BSD license
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 09:09 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Re: JPluck 2.0 beta 3

Quote:
Originally posted by Laurens
- Easy-to-use GUI for managing sites and feeds
- Downloads sites using multiple connections
- Sends browser cookies to access login-based sites
- Dedicated conduit downloads and converts documents at HotSync (Windows only)
- Bookmarklet for converting pages from the browser
- Free, open-source software licensed under the BSD license
WOW! I regret to say that I haven't played with Plucker for some time. Time to install the latest version and to give it a try.

Would be nice if some more Plucker experts were present here and discuss latest Plucker developments.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2003, 09:36 AM   #3
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
FYI: Plucker discussions are held on the plucker-* mailing lists. Turcic is more an iSilo-oriented site.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 09:42 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally posted by Laurens
FYI: Plucker discussions are held on the plucker-* mailing lists. Turcic is more an iSilo-oriented site.
Laurens, it is true that we talk currently more about iSilo than Plucker; that was not necessarily our choice. I would surely appreciate more Plucker fans here, and I even asked David (Hacker) if he would favor a more active community here, but he never replied back to me. My idea was to present an alternative to the mailing list since I personally favor forums to lists.

That said, Plucker users, you are always welcomed here! And Laurens, congratulation for that great tool you wrote.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 10:31 AM   #5
Adlopa
Adlopa began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T¦T2
I've been using JPluck for a while and I must say that it's a great application. Beta 3 is impressive and the new GUI is a boon (although manually editing JXL's isn't *that* hard). It destroys AvantGo in almost every way (remote sync is the only feature AG has in its favour) but I haven't used iSilo, so can't compare it with that.
Adlopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert