Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-20-2017, 05:46 PM   #1
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Marking Added Books (clarification needed)

I wonder if I am misremembering things or if Calibre's behavior has changed without my noticing, but would someone please clarify what should happen when I add books to my Calibre library. My setup when adding books is that books that already exist in the library should be overwritten, AND that books should be marked with the pushpin icon when they are added. I thought Calibre used to mark all added books, even those that already exist in the library, but now only books that did NOT previously exist are marked. I'm not sure when this changed (or even if it changed, since I don't need or use this feature very often, and my memory has played tricks on me before), but is this a recent change?
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:03 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As far as I know, that setting has always only marked newly added book entries, not old boo entries to which files were added/updated.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:54 AM   #3
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
As far as I know, that setting has always only marked newly added book entries, not old boo entries to which files were added/updated.
Thanks, I suspected I might have been dreaming. It's ok; I found another way of doing what I wanted, so it's all good.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote