Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-20-2017, 07:35 AM   #1
aurigod
Enthusiast
aurigod began at the beginning.

Device: JuliusvonJD
how to format author_sort case

I have a lot of author_sort formatted whole in upper case, I would like it like :
Lastname, Firstname
as if I do in edit_author : Lower case and then Title case.
Is it possible?
thanks
aurigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:52 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurigod View Post
I have a lot of author_sort formatted whole in upper case, I would like it like :
Lastname, Firstname
as if I do in edit_author : Lower case and then Title case.
Is it possible?
thanks
Moderator Notice
Moved to Library Management

Right click on most fields to change case. (as you discovered) All 'upper' needs to be lowered FIRST, then select other Case option.
Unfortunately, Bulk mode MDE does not offer anything other than Title case.

To Flip SELECTED AUTHORS, I recommend the Quality check Plugin (Fix section) I also 'standardize 'author initials
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 01:37 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Unfortunately, Bulk mode MDE does not offer anything other than Title case.
Bulk MDE Search/Replace offers the case change functions as an "after replace" option.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 01:43 PM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
After detecting the wrong data, bulk edit and check ""Establish automatically author sort" (or something like that, I have the Spanish calibre interface).
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 02:13 PM   #5
aurigod
Enthusiast
aurigod began at the beginning.

Device: JuliusvonJD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
After detecting the wrong data, bulk edit and check ""Establish automatically author sort" (or something like that, I have the Spanish calibre interface).
Right, but this action turn the name in upper case
aurigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 02:21 PM   #6
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurigod View Post
Right, but this action turn the name in upper case
Oh, right, none of my author_sort had that problem, so I haven't seen it.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:58 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
FWIW - before I move books from my Intake library to one of my the 'target' libraries I focus on getting the 'authors' column values as I want them - FN LN, Title(ish) case. I then use the Recalculate all author sort values of Manage Authors.

One has to manually correct author_sort for names containing 'St', 'Garcia', non-hyphenated double barrelled last names, etc. Such corrections won't show up as 'pink' in MDE, so there must be something to indicate the author_sort was manually assigned

Added - my Add Books preferences are set in manner that catches duplicates when books are added, moved etc, which rarely happens because I use the Find library duplicates feature of the Find Duplicates plugin before I move books from the Intake to the target library.

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-20-2017 at 06:21 PM. Reason: see Added
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote