Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-10-2007, 10:27 AM   #106
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
Even charging it via the wall, you have to remove the plug and then plug it in again to set that meter. I don't think this problem will ever be corrected either. IMO
That's a very pessimistic view - they broke it in the last upgrade, so I don't see why they can't fix it again in the next .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:54 PM   #107
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Yes it will be corrected!

The reader'll have a colo(u)r successor with HTML support...I hope!!!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2007, 11:38 AM   #108
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
Even charging it via the wall, you have to remove the plug and then plug it in again to set that meter.
Curious, but this matches my experience. I had not charged up my reader before a long flight to Hawaii, but I took the charger. After reading for hours, I had been at 2 bars for about 250 pages. I charged it overnight, and the red LED went out. It went back into it's case until the flight back. Imagine my surprise when I turned it on and only had 2 bars. I read 620 pages on the return flight, and still two bars. Today I get back the the forum, and try this trick. Plug in charger for a second, and it recalculates the battery, and shows 3 bars. This is about what I'd expect after 600 pages.
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:19 PM   #109
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

This battery bug is really annoying, actually. I never know what charge my Reader is at. It's *gasp* putting me off reading.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:52 PM   #110
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It seems to go down okay for me, it just doesn't want to go back up. But the 'plug it in while it's turned on' solution seems to work just fine. In fact, the last couple of times I've charged it, I've just left it turned on and charged it.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2007, 02:54 PM   #111
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Since you charge it while left on I am curious, does the reader *remain on* for the few hours that it is charging or does it turn itself off? I usually have the reader off when I charge, then turn on, pull the plug, plug it back in to get the bars to read correctly
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:08 PM   #112
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The rascal stays on. In fact, it stays on after it's fully charged -- I usually (if that word applies to something I only do every once every two or three weeks) drop it on the cradle as I'm dozing off, and it's fully charged and still on in the morning. I'm not sure, but I don't think it'll turn itself off if it's connected to power.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:23 PM   #113
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG
This battery bug is really annoying, actually. I never know what charge my Reader is at. It's *gasp* putting me off reading.
Same here. I find myself constantly checking the battery to see if it drops a bar (or two), which distracts from reading.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:00 PM   #114
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
The rascal stays on. In fact, it stays on after it's fully charged -- I usually (if that word applies to something I only do every once every two or three weeks) drop it on the cradle as I'm dozing off, and it's fully charged and still on in the morning. I'm not sure, but I don't think it'll turn itself off if it's connected to power.
Okay, well next time I charge I will do it with the reader on and see if the reader remains on. I am fully charged now so it will be a little while until I do this again.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:15 PM   #115
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
When I carge from the wall outlet the Reader stays in the same state it was when I started (on->on, off->off.) The only sign that it is charging is the red light on the side. When I charge (or load books) via the USB connection it always turns on and stays on after I unplug it from the USB.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:53 AM   #116
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
Though I was going nuts...

Have the same upgrad/bad battry indicator. Before the upgrade the guage did correctly.

After the upgrade it like I leave it on. Been busy so its been sitting for long periords. It drops about a bar a week or so under no use. Though it was the SD card eating power but keep it out unless reading from it. And stll does this.

Tonight was going to read a bit and notest it went from three to two then one just flipping a few pages.

A soft reset seem to kick it back up. But

Trying the charge while on trick...

If this does not fix it will contact Sony. Have the extra coverage on it.

ADDED:

Hum.... Wonder if in the updates there a bit of bad code that is drawing more power when on or off? Because why alter a section thats works? Yes I have written software for sale. And you do your best NOT to break things...

Last edited by Nightwing; 04-15-2007 at 03:11 AM.
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:36 AM   #117
NatCh
Gizmologist

I think they were trying to get at that bar flutter we were having, you know where it drops a bar and then it pops back after you leave it off for a while? Personally, I found that a good deal less bothersome.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:48 AM   #118
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
I think they were trying to get at that bar flutter we were having, you know where it drops a bar and then it pops back after you leave it off for a while? Personally, I found that a good deal less bothersome.

Could be.

Most bat indicators that report on these type of battries are more of a educated guess.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:14 PM   #119
dyspepsic
dyspepsic began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs500
Roll back update?

There isn't a way to roll back to original firmware? This sucks hard. Sony, please get a clue

-d
dyspepsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:21 AM   #120
Nightwing
Addict

Well left it for a week without use..

gauge went down about 1/4 in one week with out turning it on for the week. Turned it on flip about 4 pages in the menu and bing.

Going to go a bit more without it and see where it goes for the next week.