Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-15-2006, 08:02 AM   #1
Kali Tal
Kali Tal began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad
Macs and the Iliad

Is anyone using Iliad with OSX Macs? iRex said they don't support USB connections between the Iliad and the Mac, but generally USB devices are plug and play. I haven't tried it and wanted to know if anyone has tried connecting Mac and Iliad via USB. Otherwise I'm not sure how to get content directly onto the Iliad rather than onto an SD card and I've got one of those Iliads that came without the note-taking software, etc. installed. I've got the software now, but how to install it? There's no directory structure I can find for dragging programs or documents from the card to the Iliad memory. Suggestions?

Thanks.
Kali Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:24 AM   #2
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

When you connect the illiad to a Mac it will show up as a USB disk. Just drag and drop as needed... But you'll have to unplug it after you eject the USB disk quickly as it will remount...
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2006, 05:01 PM   #3
oliverbogler
Connoisseur
oliverbogler has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iLiad
I am using it with Mac OS X, and have no problems - I have only dragged content onto the iLiad main memory though.

There is the slightly vexing issue of Mac OS hidden files, which show up on the iLiad's directory, and make navigation more difficult - see here for a post on my blog that suggests one solution for this.
oliverbogler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 05:17 AM   #4
DrBibber
Iliad geek
DrBibber began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Similar to Oliver I use my iLiad on a Mac OS 10.4 iBook. As soon I unmount the iLiad, it is re-mounted to I have to plug it out in the second before it is mounted again. I have my contents on a separate USB stick so this is not a real problem for me. An I use the BlueHarvest tool to remove all finder files. Works great this way. Has anyone experience with using MyScriptNotes on VirtualPC? Is the iLiad mounting in VPC too?
DrBibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:46 PM   #5
verbosus
Unicoder
verbosus began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Hello everyone: I’m using the iLiad with my PowerBook and so far it’s been all right. The unmount/remount issue is quite annoying at first, but once you get used to it’s no big deal (well, not as big as the iLiad OS constantly freezing on me anyway).

By the way, you might be interested in this thread over at the iRex forums, we’re discussing Automator workflows for saving PDF straight to the iLiad from any OS X app.
verbosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert