Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #106
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
I like to read by author and find those short novellas and freebies are often enough to let me know if I want to read more of that author (or maybe if a new author wait until they mature a bit)
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:43 AM   #107
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
For most of you, does the TBR pile = all owned and unread books? Or is it a subsection of such books?

I have thousands of unread books that I am happy to leave unread (e.g., many classics). Other unread books--a much smaller number--I fully intend to read ... someday.
Mostly it's unowned and unread but I'm starting to review that. In calibre I list my tbr as unread but without the tag 'exclude_tbr'. Up until now I've used this tag mainly to stop duplication i.e. I have some anthologies as single files which I've also split into individual ones for each book.

But I'm thinking I might start using it for other types of book too. There are the classics I will probably never read fully but keep for reference. Also things like the Barsoom books which I got as a single book, split, read the first and feel like I'll probably never read the other ten. The complete works of HG Wells anthology contains stuff I'll almost certainly never read - his political essays and so on - but I'll be surprised if I don't end up reading The Time Machine or War of the Worlds again every couple of years.

However that part of the TBR tends not to grow. So whether I finally end up reading them or not the main thing is whether the overall count is going down or not. Which of course it isn't.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert