Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 07-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
GeorgeH
Addict
GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nexus 7
Robeson, Kenneth: Savage 35 - Murder Mirage. V1. 9 July 2012

Doc Savage Magazine #35 - Murder Mirage
by Kenneth Robeson (1936)

Laurence Donovan (d. 1950) was an American pulp fiction writer who wrote several Doc Savage novels under the pseudonym Kenneth Robeson.

Synopsis:
A blizzard in July and a woman's image is frozen in glass—how could these bizarre events possibly be connected? To find the answer and save the life of Ranyon Cartheris, the Man of Bronze and his dauntless allies journey to hot desert sands halfway round the World where they are trapped—perhaps never to emerge—in the ancient underground tombs of Tasunan!

Note:
This edition does not include any artwork or illustrations from published works.

Conversion with thanks using BookCreator 3.05.03

Note regarding issue #34:
Doc Savage Magazine #34 - 'The Fantastic Island' was co-written by Lester Dent (d. 1959) and Ryerson Johnson (d. 1995). Due to Canadian copyright laws (life plus 50 rule) that issue of the magazine is not considered public domain and cannot be made available without permission of the appropriate copyright holder(s).
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: mobi Savage 35 - Murder Mirage - Kenneth Robeson.mobi (348.9 KB, 230 views)
GeorgeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Drat! Issue 34 is the 2nd so far still under copyright. Do you know how many others of the series are still covered under the copyright law George?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Drat! Issue 34 is the 2nd so far still under copyright. Do you know how many others of the series are still covered under the copyright law George?
I did this a couple of years ago...RSE

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ght=doc+savage
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Er, let me point out that if you happen to live in the US (like say, Wisconsin ), they are still under copyright...

Not that I care personally, I grabbed all of them from Gutenberg AU a while back when they mistakenly had all of them. (I mean, they are owned by a giant company that had nothing to do with them in the first place. So morally I don't think it's a problem. I sleep well at night despite reading them)

Last edited by JeremyR; 07-10-2012 at 08:20 PM.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
Er, let me point out that if you happen to live in the US (like say, Wisconsin ), they are still under copyright...

Not that I care personally, I grabbed all of them from Gutenberg AU a while back when they mistakenly had all of them. (I mean, they are owned by a giant company that had nothing to do with them in the first place. So morally I don't think it's a problem. I sleep well at night despite reading them)
Touche, and of course they have them but aren't making them accessible for the reading public either. I mean isn't that the point of obtaining rights to a book in the first place? So that you can publish it in current media (i.e. ebook now) and make a profit from it? What's the use of having a piece of intellectual property and letting it gather dust somewhere? I have to wonder if most people would care as well due to how old some books are. I mean if it were the newest Stephen King for example I could see someone going after someone who downloaded it because the author is still alive and it's a new book, but when a book is 50 or so yrs old and the author is dead I wouldn't think it would be as big a deal. Maybe I'm wrong, but common sense says the new book is of more concern as far as copyright than one that's 50 or 60 yrs old. After all the new one is the one that stands to make the big profits for the publisher. Just an opinion of course.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert