Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 02:54 AM   #1
mauvais
mauvais began at the beginning.

Device: none
Nook emulator for the PC?

I don't own a Nook, and recently someone said an ebook I created doesn't look right on their Nook. Is there preview software that can be downloaded, something like the Kindle Previewer?
mauvais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Nook for PC (or Mac) is the only thing that is available. It is not a true emulator and it tends to lag behind the what is being done on the devices, so the results are going to be close, but not identical.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
Rob Lister
Fanatic
Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I'd like to bump this topic, because I have the same need/want/wish.

nook for pc acts a little like the nook in terms of its link to your B&N account and what files you have access to but it does not behave as the nook; things look differently.

What I'm looking for is a true emulator, down to the skin of the device. I could probably make one myself given a decade of re-learning all the underlying technologies.

Optimally, I'd like an emulator for all popular devices.
Rob Lister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
pienjo
pienjo began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wifi
It is possible to run the firmware of the original (classic) nook in an Android emulator. Details can be found on

http://nookdevs.com/Emulator

I have no idea if this is still possible with the Nook STR, Nook Color or Nook Tablet.
pienjo is offline   Reply With Quote