Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 08-16-2010, 04:47 PM   #16
nprnncbl
Edge User

jcase,

I'm not asking you to help them so much as asking you not to cause problems for their customers, myself included. I'm glad that you're not planning on disclosing the vulnerabilities.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:59 PM   #17
jcase
Edge User

Nprnncbl,

Two of those were already published, third was one I found. Those capable of putting these to malicous work, are likely to be able to find it on their own.

Advert
Old 08-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #18
MichaelV
Edge User

npr, jcase is helping you by listing those!!!

Old 08-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #19
mrspaceman
Edge User

Anyone care to guess if this will still work with the dingo update?

I would guess that they will have changed the password/

andy.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #20
Snepscheut
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspaceman View Post
Anyone care to guess if this will still work with the dingo update?

I would guess that they will have changed the password/

andy.
I dare to guess the DON'T change the password because they care for the community.

Jos.

Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 03:25 PM   #21
mrspaceman
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snepscheut View Post
I dare to guess the DON'T change the password because they care for the community.

Jos.
good point, I hadn't thought of that. I hope your right. adb debugging is essential to writing apps that target the eDGe.

andy.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:45 AM   #22
robot
Edge User

jcase hacked the algo, so even if debug pass will be changed he will be able to findout new pass.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #23
jcase
Edge User

Changing the password, or even th algorithm would just be a waste of enTourage company resources, we would see another root available same day. However after speaking to enTourage, staff didn't seem to care, and did not remove my post. Highly likely it was looked so the average student doesn't ruin his device, not locked against us techies.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:17 PM   #24
mrspaceman
Edge User

well, just updated to dingo, and tried the password. doesn't seem to work now. although the eDGe seems to accept the password, and the "enable debug" remains checked after you have entered the password. as soon as you navigate away from the page and go back in, the checkbox is cleared.

also adb mount says :

C:\android\edge>adb shell busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
mount: permission denied. (are you root?)

Old 09-01-2010, 04:35 PM   #25
miklos.klaar
Edge User

I had the same problem with the password after Dingo so I used this after registering with their forum:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=747598

and it worked a treat. Now I have root.

Old 09-01-2010, 04:41 PM   #26
mrspaceman
Edge User

yep, I have now tried the Universal Android Root apk and it worked a treat. So I now have adb debugging again

thanks,
andy.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:09 PM   #27
MichaelV
Edge User

jcase, have they sorted and of the security vulnerabilities in this update?

Old 09-01-2010, 06:14 PM   #28
robot
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspaceman View Post
well, just updated to dingo, and tried the password. doesn't seem to work now. although the eDGe seems to accept the password, and the "enable debug" remains checked after you have entered the password. as soon as you navigate away from the page and go back in, the checkbox is cleared.

also adb mount says :

C:\android\edge>adb shell busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
mount: permission denied. (are you root?)
Grrrhhh. and those people tell us that they support developer's community
I really can't get what is the problem with EE's enginers and programmers

Old 09-01-2010, 06:21 PM   #29
Chubulor
Edge User

What amazes me is that, with all their complaints of being a small company with limited time and resources...they still made sure to change the root password.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:49 PM   #30
Snepscheut
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snepscheut View Post

Jos.
Entourage, Don't panic,

Can you please explain WHY you changed the password (and let me/us down on this?)

Jos.