Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-15-2010, 03:57 PM   #61
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Testing is an art sometimes.
Well, thinking about everything is actually.
You can be quite a philosopher sometimes
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #62
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
The menu button on the opus had never work on press event, but on the release event
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2010, 10:06 AM   #63
fiery
fiery began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus
Menu button's problem

Indeed, the menu button works on the release event, but with the new firmware 2.1 on Opus, I have to hold it for 2 sec. or push it twice for the menu to appear (in rare cases menu appears as usual with one short pressing). It worked fine with v2.0. Now I have to use the OK button instead.

It seems that this problem appears due to the new "Accelerometer shortcut" feature. Bookeen explains it this way:

"Accelerometer shortcut (Cybook Opus)
Accelerometer can be enabled/disabled with “Menu” + “Enter” shortcut."
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:14 PM   #64
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I agree with fiery. Now you have to keep pressed the menu button more time for it to work.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:23 AM   #65
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I'm using the Gen3 with the Mobipocket version and upgraded to 1.6

The good result:
The dictionary lookup works significantly better, thank you Bookeen for fixing this.

The bad result:
I have the feeling that the battery time declined. I am not using the sleep mode but putting it off with a loooong press on the button, but nevertheless I have to recharge more often than before. Have you made the same experience?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2010, 11:31 AM   #66
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
My 'bad' result is freezing*, especially switching on and getting to the first logon screen ....

*1 in a year pre-upgrade.....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:04 AM   #67
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
GeoffC, you mean the first screen with the cybook image ?

My cybook has been freezing less with the update

Bad point : battery meter is kind of messing up.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:24 AM   #68
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I do, that's the point at which it freezes - and I've certainly experienced more than pre-upgrade.

(though to be honest half a dozen doesn't constitute any major problem for me, just annoyance at having to look for a reset pin)
Old 07-26-2010, 11:02 AM   #69
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I do, that's the point at which it freezes - and I've certainly experienced more than pre-upgrade.

(though to be honest half a dozen doesn't constitute any major problem for me, just annoyance at having to look for a reset pin)
First thing I would try is formating memory. And SD if relevant.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:04 AM   #70
GeoffC

It's worthy of consideration, and perhaps will do, but only if it gets more annoying....thanks for the suggestion. (haven't used an SD card since the earlier upgrade problems)
Old 07-30-2010, 06:58 AM   #71
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Archos 80 G9, Sony PRS-650, Sony T1, Asus MemoPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I'm using the Gen3 with the Mobipocket version and upgraded to 1.6

The good result:
The dictionary lookup works significantly better, thank you Bookeen for fixing this.

The bad result:
I have the feeling that the battery time declined. I am not using the sleep mode but putting it off with a loooong press on the button, but nevertheless I have to recharge more often than before. Have you made the same experience?
I have upgraded to 1.6 too and am very happy with the CJK implementation in the library pages as I do read books in both Chinese and Japanese. Thank you Bookeen.

As to the battery time I have the impression that it is actually better. My Gen 3 used to stop responding to button presses when it reached 60% power. Now it goes all the way down to 10% before it stops responding, meaning a more accurate battery gauge. I have not experienced a single freezing up since I upgraded.
Polyglot27 is offline   Reply With Quote