Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-28-2010, 06:01 AM   #46
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
The update could of course have regenerated them.
Would work in most cases. Though if you have lots of book, it can take lots of time.
Though you're right, the normal user don't really want to have to worry about.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:18 AM   #47
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
At the very least, it should have worked by deleting only the .bin files, no need to delete the .dat ...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 07:38 AM   #48
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Who knows, maybe there is something in the .dat related to metadata.
I guess there is, if you have to delete it.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #49
Nina182B
Connoisseur
Nina182B began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Cybook Opus, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura
I got the 2.1 because of the ability to invert the next forward buttons, that and the sleep mode.
Nina182B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #50
aplanas
aplanas began at the beginning.

Device: Opus
Where is the 2.0 PDF smart edge cut in 2.1? Has gone? For ever?
aplanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2010, 12:43 PM   #51
fiery
fiery began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus
v2.1 Impressions

First, the provided “Instant Reading” feature is very useful.

However, I noticed the following problems with the v2.1 firmware:
1. "Invert Side Buttons" doesn’t save its state. After a shutdown and restart the option is ticked, but the side buttons work as usual. I have to uncheck and check the option again.
2. The "Menu" button requires long (2 sec.) pushing to work now. Very annoying.
3. PDF crop margins function is removed (gasp).
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #52
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
3. PDF crop margins function is removed (gasp).
I mailled bookeen about that, they said it will be back with the next version.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:57 AM   #53
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Bookeen advise that v1.6 is compatible with Gen3 512M version / 200MHz processor released May 2008; but is there any functional improvement on 1.5 - that makes it worth upgrading ?
Their guidance notes seem to suggest improvements are for the 400MHz proc.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:15 AM   #54
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
A "standby" icon on the screen when the device is shut down.

More languages to choose from (and corrections to Finnish and Spanish).

CJK characters in the library.

Faster dictionary lookup.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:19 AM   #55
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
mmmmm

Thanks - obviously nothing earth-shattering ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:47 AM   #56
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Can we create our own standby themes? If so: how (picture requirements) and where to put the pictures?
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:56 AM   #57
NicolasR
Addict
NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Adbosch : this function will be implemented in a future release, Bookeen said to me.

Fiery : 2. The "Menu" button requires long (2 sec.) pushing to work now. Very annoying.
And I thought I was crazy, or that my button was broken !!! Now I know this has something to do with the new firmware.
NicolasR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:54 PM   #58
Nina182B
Connoisseur
Nina182B began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Cybook Opus, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura
Battery Life with Sleep Mode

Before the 2.1 update, I was recharging my Opus every 6 weeks. (I usually wait until I see the battery meter drop to less than 30%). With the 2.1 update using the sleep mode and never going to Advanced to turn it off, I have to recharge on the 6th day. I didn't realize there would be such a huge difference with the sleep mode. But then again, back when I using the Kindle 1, I do remember having to recharge every week.

I guess this isn't such a big deal if the battery meter on the Opus was accurate - this morning, it had showed me 50% when I let it go to sleep mode, and the next time I tried to read on it (tonight), nothing happened because the battery was drained.
Nina182B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:36 AM   #59
amoroso
Groupie
amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for Android, Google Play Books
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery View Post
However, I noticed the following problems with the v2.1 firmware:
1. "Invert Side Buttons" doesn’t save its state. After a shutdown and restart the option is ticked, but the side buttons work as usual.
I confirm this issue. The most amazing thing is not much the bug itself, but that it slipped through testing.
amoroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:03 AM   #60
EowynCarter
Wizard

Testing is an art sometimes.
Well, thinking about everything is actually.