Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #16
Samantha45
Connoisseur
Samantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
yeah, it's an annoying workaround. I'm in the same boat as you. We're working to implement better library management on the desktop application.
YaY!

I would LOVE that.
Samantha45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:17 PM   #17
Samantha45
Connoisseur
Samantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha45 View Post
I still find this kind of annoying.

I'm not sure why but I actually want the book I've finished reading to be in my "Books" section. It's annoying that I have to take it out of the "My Library" on the website so it doesn't constantly show up on the "I'm Reading" section of the Kobo. Even tho I've finished it.

I guess I'll get used to it.
I think I want the book I've finished reading to be in my books section because the reader can hold more than one title. What's the point of having space for 1000 books if you can't store them? It's kind of like a virtual bookshelf to me.
Advert
Old 07-26-2010, 09:58 PM   #18
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
Gotta say that this issue is really frustrating me lately!
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:15 AM   #19
Samantha45
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital_steve View Post
Gotta say that this issue is really frustrating me lately!
It's incredibly frustrating!
Old 08-02-2010, 10:33 PM   #20
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
Go with Calibre Samantha... it makes the Kobo a delight.
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 02:22 AM   #21
anagel
anagel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRST-1, PRST-2, PRST-3, Nook, Samsung Galaxy tab, Kobo first gen
stripping drm?

Hey Stinger,
I have been using Calibre for about 4 days now and absolutely love it. But I am having problems with locked content...and when I try to open an epub I think it has to do with drm. I noticed that you responded a few months ago about this. (see below in red).

You should be aware, however, that these epubs (even the "free" ones from Kobo) are still wrapped in adobe DRM, so you'll either have to abide by the limitation that comes with that, or strip the DRM (pm me if you want to know more about this, there are simply 1-click methods). But even with DRM, the epubs are stored locally when you load them into ADE.

In fact, until we see an update, I would suggest you use ADE to load books from the Kobo store, and avoid the Kobo 'Sync' function altogether. There are some serious flaws with the 'Sync' in the desktop app: it ALWAYS resets your I'm Reading list so finished books become new again, and you lose your place in ones that are open.

I also encourage you to take a look at the sweet little ebook program called "Calibre". If you do decide to take your purchased books and strip the DRM, managing your epub library with Calibre is a breeze

I was wondering if you could let me know the steps to do this? Thanks a bunch!!
anagel is offline   Reply With Quote