Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-28-2010, 05:41 AM   #16
lovestoreadalot
Connoisseur
lovestoreadalot began at the beginning.

Device: none

Last edited by lovestoreadalot; 09-15-2010 at 08:51 AM.
lovestoreadalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:24 AM   #17
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Don't worry! Nothing will happen. If you are not transfering some data to your device or not installing a new firmware you can simply unplug the cable as often as you want. The device will survive it

Last edited by PocketGoods; 01-28-2010 at 06:34 AM.
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 06:45 AM   #18
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
Perhaps you can fit the problem, if you set "Settings->USB" to "ask at connect". Than you can choose always if you connect it to PC if you want to load or transfer data. This setting seems to fit a lot of detecting problems.

Anyway, as long you are not transferring data, there wont be any damage (regular) to your data and even while transferring (regular) only on the currently transferred data.
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:51 AM   #19
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Ulli is right with his tip. You should also know that somettimes the cable is not correctly plugged in (the recharging is possible but no data transfer). So please check that cable, maybe some pin is loose or bend.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #20
lovestoreadalot
Connoisseur

Last edited by lovestoreadalot; 09-15-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 06:49 PM   #21
Almiel
regrets buying PocketBook
Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CoolReader (Android), Pocketbook 360 Ivory
I too am not seeing it connected. It charges ok, when I choose file transfer it says it's connected but I don't see it. I'm using mac 10.4 (tiger). I know, old, but it works... I tried it several times and with another cable (from card reader that I know works). Frustrating. I just got the device yesterday so it's brand new.
Almiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:47 PM   #22
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
the old mac won't see it but you don't need to "un-dock" it either. just unplug after transfers are finished
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:02 PM   #23
Almiel
regrets buying PocketBook
Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CoolReader (Android), Pocketbook 360 Ivory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
the old mac won't see it but you don't need to "un-dock" it either. just unplug after transfers are finished
Huh? If the mac doesn't see it, how would I do a transfer? I can put books on the SD card using my card reader, but I'm trying to see the actual device's drive (for interest's sake -- eventually I'll want to do an upgrade or something). And 10.4 isn't that old or different from the current 10.6.

I admit I'm not familiar with using Linux and maybe the formatting of the device is such that Mac doesn't recognize it? Hmm, must investigate...
Almiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:06 AM   #24
TheHutt
Zealot
TheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook 360°
Quote:
Since then though when I try to load books it sometimes talks to the computer on the first time, but sometimes it takes a couple of tries.
I've got the same problem. And sometimes I got the "do not disconnect your USB cable" message when I plugged in the power recharger.
I solved it by setting the USB option to ask what I want.
TheHutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:32 AM   #25
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
It won't see it as needing to be un-docked but it will still be there as a drive to move content to. Yar has seen this with his own MAC i believe.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #26
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Usual suspects if a computer does not see a PocketBook:
- make sure you turned your PB "on" before hooking to your PC;
- try different USB-slot - or try hooking it directly to the machine, not via an USB-expander;
- try a different cable (yes, it happens)
- set up a "PC connect" in your PB settings.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:09 PM   #27
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Oh, one more thing - don't worry about the safe ejection of the device - when you finished transferring your files, just unplug the cable - this is the way it works.
PS - Macs see it pretty well, at least newer iMacs.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:09 PM   #28
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
@lovestoreadalot: You dont have a charger? How you cant get a charger? It contains to the standard packet of the delivery.
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:36 PM   #29
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulli View Post
@lovestoreadalot: You dont have a charger? How you cant get a charger? It contains to the standard packet of the delivery.
Ulli, not in the US though))) here standard package does not have a wall charger, only USB.
I know that in EU it is included, but your european price is also a little... ehhh, pricey
Old 01-31-2010, 06:33 PM   #30
lovestoreadalot
Connoisseur

Last edited by lovestoreadalot; 09-15-2010 at 08:50 AM.