Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-08-2009, 12:04 PM   #91
jessTay
Connoisseur
jessTay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2! YAY
aw too bad, they say it will be released winter of 2010 so they'll miss this christmas.

As for Canada, once again, lumped in with "other countries" which will have to wait a little bit. bummer.

Barnes and Noble partnership seems great though!
Does anyone know if this reader will still have annotation features like the current irex iliad?
jessTay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #92
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessTay View Post
aw too bad, they say it will be released winter of 2010 so they'll miss this christmas.
Not sure where you saw that. Last thing I read on their site was that the consumer reader (aka DR800?) will be released later this year, 2009.

There is a separate device, the color reader, that they are working on which will be released in 2011. Is that what you were referring to?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2009, 07:13 PM   #93
jessTay
Connoisseur

That blog that was linked to previously had a comment section where several people asked questions and got answers. One of the questions was if the device was for christmas or 2010 release. the answer was winter of 2010
Old 09-08-2009, 07:15 PM   #94
jessTay
Connoisseur

http://i-to-i.irexnet.com/2009/08/24...tore/#comments

last few comments..
Old 09-09-2009, 10:54 AM   #95
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I believe that was either a typo on Karel's part or else he was interpreting the question differently. There were comments on that blog about three different things.

(1) US release of the DR800 (announcement says later this year, 2009).
(2) European release of the DR800 (no dates given yet).
(3) Future color model (announcement said late 2010 or 2011).

I assume the comment about "Winter 2010" is referring to either (2) or (3), or else Karel meant to say "Winter 2009".

I can ask him for clarification, if you want.
Advert
Old 09-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #96
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I believe that was either a typo on Karel's part or else he was interpreting the question differently. There were comments on that blog about three different things.

(1) US release of the DR800 (announcement says later this year, 2009).
(2) European release of the DR800 (no dates given yet).
(3) Future color model (announcement said late 2010 or 2011).

I assume the comment about "Winter 2010" is referring to either (2) or (3), or else Karel meant to say "Winter 2009".

I can ask him for clarification, if you want.
Since Winter 2009 has already passed, I'm willing to bet he did not mean that.

But he should have said Q1 2010. But then you have to ask, fiscal or calendar?
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:14 PM   #97
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverClothe View Post
Since Winter 2009 has already passed, I'm willing to bet he did not mean that.

But he should have said Q1 2010. But then you have to ask, fiscal or calendar?
Or, winter 2009 starts on Dec 21... not really sure.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:45 AM   #98
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Or, winter 2009 starts on Dec 21... not really sure.

BOb
That would be my interpretation. "Winter 2009" is still a couple months away.

Either way, the official announcement says "later this year".
Old 09-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #99
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Bingo, US only !

I knew this where going to happen.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 09-10-2009 at 10:51 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:05 PM   #100
jessTay
Connoisseur

I would appreciate if you could find out if that's what they meant..
it's true it can be interpreted differently.. here in southren ontario, I consider the winter months to be once there is snow.. november and on.. so even with winter 2010, I was wondering if it was christmas 2010 or jan-feb 2010. Let's hope christmas 2009.

But still, the fact remains that I'll still have to wait to get my hands on the device.. Let's hope the intial release goes smoothly, with few bugs so that they are faster to get the models for Canada and the rest of world out.

It sucks cuz my parents were totally going to get me one for christmas, since it would be useful for school and graduate school...

I'd be very interested to find out if they will make a waiting list for those that want to be notified for Canadian models and other parts of the world.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #101
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessTay View Post
I would appreciate if you could find out if that's what they meant..
I'll let you know what I find out.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #102
Shaggy
Wizard

iRex confirmed that they meant to say "Winter 2009" in the blog comment.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #103
jboardman
Zealot
jboardman is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle, sony PRS900, Irex Iliad
I have gotten indication from Irex VP Willem Endhoven that the release of this new DR800? is imminent - in the next several months at the latest. I eagerly look forward to its release!
jboardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:08 AM   #104
Quicksand
Quicksand began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
That would be my interpretation. "Winter 2009" is still a couple months away.

Either way, the official announcement says "later this year".
I think the convention is to use the year when the season starts. So "Winter 2009" would start on Dec 21 2009. Since that is the only season in US that spans years, some writers use "Winter 2009/2010" but I don't think that is as common.
Quicksand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:04 AM   #105
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksand View Post
I think the convention is to use the year when the season starts. So "Winter 2009" would start on Dec 21 2009. Since that is the only season in US that spans years, some writers use "Winter 2009/2010" but I don't think that is as common.
I've never heard of that. Whenever I have seen a calendar quarter reference, it means Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Sep, or Oct-Dec. However, a quick Google search did turn up two game anouncements for "Winter 2009", they are games that have not been released yet.

So maybe there are a few people that refer to the season as you say.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote