Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-19-2009, 08:58 AM   #16
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
Nah, email addresses aren't case sensitive.
The domain name part of email addresses isn't case sensitive. The bit to the left of the @ might be case sensitive (it depends on the destination mailserver).
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:43 PM   #17
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
What is the whitelist? I added fictionwise's address to the approved emails through Kindle's manage my content. That was the only place I saw to add, however, I did notice something about a whitelist but not sure of what this is and maybe that's the issue - where do I find the whitelist?
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2009, 01:53 PM   #18
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Yes, that's what I meant by whitelist. Maybe check the email again? Do you receive files sent from your own email?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:01 PM   #19
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, so I just sent to Kindle a Word doc from my work email address to my Kindle. I had placed my work email address in the whitelist (same place as the fictionwise.com address) and within seconds I received my Word doc from Amazon. So I think this might imply the problem is with Fictionwise.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:00 PM   #20
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
So I think this might imply the problem is with Fictionwise.
Or that the address you gave fictionwise is wrong, or that you have the wrong email in the white list.

I know you have checked this stuff... but are you using cut-n-paste to populate these addresses to eliminate any possible typos.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2009, 06:40 PM   #21
chilady1
I devour books!

So the latest news in my Fictionwise saga (I am by no means bashing Fictionwise) is that I no longer have the option on my fictionwise bookshelf to email the books to my Kindle? Wonder why that is? Before I use to have two optins, (1) download the book or (2) email book to Kindle. The second option is no longer available.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:45 PM   #22
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I'm trying to decide if I want to get an Analog subscription during the sale so I just bought a single issue to check out.

First I went to...
http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/mw?a=mv&t=kindle
...and put my Kindle's email addy in the box and hit submit.

Then I went to Amazon/Manage Your Kindle and added kindle@fictionwise.com to my approved email list.

Then I bought my issue and when I went to my Bookshelf after the transaction I had the option to download various formats and a button saying Email to Kindle. I selected Kindle Compatable Mobi from the list (not sure if I needed to or not) and then clicked Email to Kindle.

I just checked the Manage Your Kindle page and it shows up in the Delivery Status area.

EDIT: I just sync'd my Kindle and the issue of Asimov's I bought downloaded and is now ready to go.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 03-20-2009 at 07:51 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:46 PM   #23
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
So the latest news in my Fictionwise saga (I am by no means bashing Fictionwise) is that I no longer have the option on my fictionwise bookshelf to email the books to my Kindle? Wonder why that is? Before I use to have two optins, (1) download the book or (2) email book to Kindle. The second option is no longer available.

Perhaps you Kindle's email addy is no longer registered for some reason. Is it listed if you go to this page?
http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/mw?a=mv&t=kindle
Old 03-20-2009, 07:55 PM   #24
chilady1
I devour books!

Anemic Oak, did everything you noted in replies. Even copied and pasted kindle@fictionwise.com into the Amazon Manage my content email addresses (in case I typed it in wrong). For whatever reason, the option to "Email to my Kindle" is gone. I have sent Fictionwise a support email regarding why this option is no longer available. I will await to hear back from them. Everyone has given me lots of things to check and so far, based on all the feedback, set up was done correctly. I do want to say a big THANK YOU to all that replied in an attempt to help me resolve this issue. Once I find out what caused the problem and/or get resolution I will post it here, in the event someone else runs into the same thing.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:20 PM   #25
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Hope they get it sorted out for you.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:25 PM   #26
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
I have an idea - did you "Choose a download format" before clicking on the Email to Kindle button?
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:19 PM   #27
chilady1
I devour books!

Mona - Hey glad to hear from you again. Yes, I did choose mobi format and now get this: I no longer have the ability to email the books to my Kindle. When I first signed up it was there, now it is no longer available. I sent an email to Fictionwise to ask why this option is no longer available. Waiting to hear back from them. But YES, I did click on email to Kindle.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:47 AM   #28
chilady1
I devour books!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am now receiving Fictionwise purchases. I don't know what or how this problem was solved but it works now. My email to Kindle option is back and I just purchased something from Fictionwise and it was sent to my Kindle within seconds - so I am very happy. Let me thank all of you for your suggestions and attention to my issue. This is a wonderful site and I appreciate everyone's contribution to the problem. Take care and Happy Kindling!
Old 03-28-2009, 10:18 PM   #29
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
Glad it is working now Chilady1!
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:57 PM   #30
ohbalto
Raaaargh!
ohbalto began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
You know, sometimes I spot threads like these as I'm doing five other things and I think, "hey, I can do X" and then, while sending emails and making phone calls I try to "do X" and realize, "crap, this is going to require me to pay better attention of I'm going to screw it up."

Which is to say, I visited Fictionwise.com, created my account, added a book to the shopping cart and hit a brick wall when I realized I didn't know if I should join this club, what to do with this micropayment stuff and which format, exactly, I wanted to buy the book in.

Stupid having to do homework . . .
ohbalto is offline   Reply With Quote