Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-23-2016, 08:24 AM   #1
j0hnUK
j0hnUK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Show Books in the Main Memory of the Device

I've just installed Calibre and connected my Kindle Fire HD. I've clicked on "Show Books in the Main Memory of the Device" and it shows most of the books on my Kindle. However, there is at least one not showing, so I'm wondering if books are also stored elsewhere, and how to get Calibre to see them.

All the books, bar about 3, were downloaded from Amazon, either free or 99p jobs. There is at least one book from Amazon that isn't showing in Calibre.

Can I look in different locations using Calibre? I've used Windows to look in folders such as 'Books' , 'Documents' , and 'Kindle', but I can't find any files with the correct extension (AZW?), never mind the right book. In fact none of the files have the name of the book.
j0hnUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:15 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
There was some discussion of finding books on Fire tablets in the "Fire 7" Tab (2015)" thread of the "Kindle Fire" forum.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2016, 02:04 PM   #3
j0hnUK
j0hnUK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Excellent, cheers. Installed Kindle for PC and it's done what I wanted to do.
j0hnUK is offline   Reply With Quote