Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-27-2008, 06:56 PM   #1
frandav
frandav began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy SII
Book covers

Hi, as a new Iliad user I would like to know if there is any way to see the covers of the books i'm reading (mostly mobipocket). The only covers I see are the ones coming with the free pdf books.
Thanks,

Fran
frandav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
This isn't possible for MobiPocket. I originally thought iRex ran out of space for icons before they got to the book cover icon, but that does not seem to be the case. There is plenty of room (and other ways to show the cover anyway).

It would also be nice if a cover image could be shown in the contentlister view. This isn't possible in general because MobiPocket Reader does not create a directory for each file like other iLiad applications, at least if you use the standard Books/Mobipocket directory. It is possible if you manage the files yourself from a Desktop PC, see bookcovers.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2008, 12:00 PM   #3
frandav
frandav began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy SII
yes, it's possible. And very easy if you follow this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10348

Thanks anyway

Fran
frandav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:51 AM   #4
IanHelgesen
IanHelgesen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.IanHelgesen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.IanHelgesen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Irex Iliad
The problem is that the Iliad isn't smart enough to create the book cover images itself. You can have cover images for any format, but they will have to be created on your computer before the file is transferred to the iliad.

In addition to the guides above, I have a Linux/Mac program which will do this automatically for PDF files, and I'm planning to extend this to other formats in the comming week or so. (Sorry, no Windows version planned. I don't own a Windows machine, so I have no way to test it, and am not too motivated to do so.) See this thread for details: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23319
IanHelgesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:30 AM   #5
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
I did something about mobipocket and windows:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26256

Not good like yours, but it works...

;-)
Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2008, 12:36 AM   #6
IanHelgesen
IanHelgesen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.IanHelgesen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.IanHelgesen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: View Post
I did something about mobipocket and windows:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26256

Not good like yours, but it works...

;-)
Nice work. It might be worth trying to combine efforts here. My script could probably be made to work on Windows without too much work (my re-write removed most of the Unix-specific bits). I don't have a windows computer to work on, but if you wanted to try setting it up, I'd be happy to help.
IanHelgesen is offline   Reply With Quote