Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
I didn't buy a case with my Reader so now I'm considering my options. I first need to decide if I want a cover that stays on all the time, or a sleeve/pouch/something just to put it in my bag. I am liking the feel of the device (the lightness and the rubber back) so right now I am leaning toward a sleeve or pouch. What do all of you do? Do you find it comfortable to read in the cover?

I am noticing one disadvantage of Sony: because it has a smaller market share, there seem to be fewer case options available than Kindle or Nook. I notice some sellers on Etsy say they will custom-make a case for any reader. Has anyone ever ordered a custom-made case for Sony and did it fit well? I like those hand-made cases.

Thanks!
If you go with a sleeve and no cover, you risk your Reader. A sleeve is useless if it will not fit the Reader (while in a cover). So get a cover and if you also want a sleeve, get one that fits the Reader and cover.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:19 AM   #17
k.rad
k.rad began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-650
No condoms here, and damn if it's not too hard to talk about this without double-entendres. I've tried the Sony cover on my 650 and I hated it. I just find it a lot more enjoyable to use the device naked. If I want an annoying cover flapping about, getting in the way and bulking up the reading experience then I can read an old fashioned paper and cardboard book.

Nekkid FTW, but I wouldn't mind a case that offers better protection than the Sony softcase so I can just throw the reader in my bag and not worry so much about the screen getting smashed.
k.rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert