Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 07:53 AM   #1
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
firmware question

I just received a replacement PB360 for my faulty one. It came with FW 15.0 preinstalled. What is the current advice - to downgrade to 14.2, leave 15.0 on, or upgrade to 15.3?
Or hasn't that been issued yet, and am I best advised to upgrade to 15.2?

The FW thread at the top of this forum is beginning to lose its usefulness, I feel. It's interminable, and locating working download links to the latest FW version isn't very easy in that thread. Could a non-discusion thread containing only download links maybe be added?
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklekens View Post
I just received a replacement PB360 for my faulty one. It came with FW 15.0 preinstalled. What is the current advice - to downgrade to 14.2, leave 15.0 on, or upgrade to 15.3?
Or hasn't that been issued yet, and am I best advised to upgrade to 15.2?
My personal recommendation - downgrade to 14.2 since it is the current official version for PB360 and the most stable one from my experience (not a single crash/freeze since I installed this version a few months ago). You can download it from PocketBook USA
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
15.3 hasn't still been released.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:57 PM   #4
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I didn't realise there was a 15.0. I thought it went from 14.2 straight to extremely buggy 15.1, then to only buggy for some people 15.2.

I am really looking forward to 15.3's release. I hope we get word about it soon.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:18 AM   #5
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
I am really looking forward to 15.3's release. I hope we get word about it soon.
I have been using it since it was announced yesterday on German PocketBook forum.
I haven't had crash or anything unexpected so far.
I haven't discovered any new features (in comparison with the last 15.2 beta) so far.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 02:25 AM   #6
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I have been using it since it was announced yesterday on German PocketBook forum.
I haven't had crash or anything unexpected so far.
I haven't discovered any new features (in comparison with the last 15.2 beta) so far.
That's great to hear, kacir! Since I've been having reboots every 10-20 pages or so with it not remembering my bookmarks unless I physically turn the reader off, with 15.2 I'm really considering installing this one right now. I guess I've got nothing to lose, I can always go back to 14.2.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:32 AM   #7
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, interesting. For the record, mine says software version D101.15.0, so I'm assuming that's 15.0.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:34 AM   #8
franklekens
Addict

Ehm... I just realized. I wouldn't know where to download that FW version. So if I do try to upgrade (though so far I have no need to) I wouldn't be able to go back to this specific version.

Could always go back to 14.2 of course, but does anybody know if 15.0 is still downloadable somewhere?