Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-10-2009, 05:07 PM   #1
Katosen
Nerd Core
Katosen began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Need help finding this book

About 4 years ago, someone gave me an ebook to piece of science fiction that I found entertaining. Since then, I've lost the file and I've been trying to find it for years. I just can't for the life of me remember the title haha.

The story revolves a man named Miles. If I remember correctly, he is of noble birth on a far away planet, his arm deformed for some reason. I know in a few chapters, he is apart of a few epic space battles.

Gah, I wish I could remember the name of this ebook x.x
Katosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Sounds like the Miles Vorkosigan series by Lois McMaster Bujold. Except for the arm thing, but Miles is stunted and has brittle bones. In several books of the series, he has a career as leader of a space mercenary fleet.

Last edited by wayrad; 09-10-2009 at 05:24 PM.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2009, 05:23 PM   #3
Katosen
Nerd Core
Katosen began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Thank you Wayrad!

Now I can finally finish that series :3 Of course, I'll have to reread the first one, but I can't stand not finishing a good book series ^_^
Katosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #4
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
The author is Lois McMaster Bujold and the character was Lord Miles Vorkosigan of Barrayar. She wrote several books featuring him.

http://www.webscription.net/m-1-baen...urerFilterID=1

Edit: Ho HO! I guess I should have used the Quick Reply box. LOL Very good wayrad

Last edited by NormHart; 09-10-2009 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Arrrg, brownies!!!
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:07 PM   #5
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katosen View Post
Thank you Wayrad!

Now I can finally finish that series :3 Of course, I'll have to reread the first one, but I can't stand not finishing a good book series ^_^
You're welcome. Miles doesn't get born until near the end of the second book in the series, by the way - his parents meet in the first one, Shards of Honor. At least it's first in the internal chronology; I'm not sure offhand if they were written in that order.

I'm sure you'll enjoy reading the whole series. A Civil Campaign, in particular, is uproariously funny.

Last edited by wayrad; 09-10-2009 at 09:12 PM.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2009, 09:42 PM   #6
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Before you go to buy them check out the following link under the section titled,
"Books in Print"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vorkosigan_Saga

The thing is that the books have been re-released in omnibus versions. So, for example,
* Miles in Love (February 5, 2008) includes the following three:
o Komarr
o A Civil Campaign
o "Winterfair Gifts"

Therefore, purchasing the omnibus versions will be cheaper. Here is the entire list from wikipedia.

* Cordelia's Honor (June 1, 2000)
o Shards of Honor
o Barrayar

* Young Miles (June 1, 1997)
o The Warrior's Apprentice
o "The Mountains of Mourning"
This short story is also available from the Baen Free Library
o The Vor Game

* Miles, Mystery and Mayhem (August 1, 2003)
o Cetaganda
o Ethan of Athos
o "Labyrinth"

* Miles Errant (September 1, 2002)
o "Borders of Infinity"
o Brothers in Arms
o Mirror Dance

* Memory (October 1, 1997)

* Miles in Love (February 5, 2008)
o Komarr
o A Civil Campaign
o "Winterfair Gifts"

* Miles, Mutants and Microbes (August 1, 2007)
o Falling Free (200 years before Miles's birth)
o "Labyrinth" (also printed in "Miles, Mystery, and Mayhem")
o Diplomatic Immunity
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote