Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-01-2009, 12:56 AM   #1
Gui_ks
Gui_ks began at the beginning.

Device: None
Low battery

I just got my sony prs700 yesterday, and i've already had to charge it twice.

As far as I know, it´s supposed to last 8 hours with lights on low... But I just used it for an hour, with LEDs low, and 1/4 of the battery is already gone. Is that normal or is there a problem with my device?

Thank you for your help.
Gui_ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:04 AM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
it lasts about 5 hours with the lights on low. so it goes down by 1/4 about every hour.

it lasts over a week with minimal light usage.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2009, 01:07 AM   #3
Gui_ks
Gui_ks began at the beginning.

Device: None
I thought that it lasted longer.... Thanks ^^
Gui_ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
Mril
Mril began at the beginning.

Hi:

Before first use you should leave it to charge the battery at least 5 hours.
Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #5
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Or...you may have to return it as I did mine. Although the battery on mine was working fine with a recharge on a weekly basis (approx.) Then about a week or so ago it began needing to be recharged almost every day.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2009, 12:10 AM   #6
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

just a quick note, most sleep doctors say that its not good to read in bed.
most eye doctors say its not good to read in a dark room, or watch tv with the lights off.

so if you are reading with your light for more than an hour, you should get out of bed, and turn the lights on.

I follow this mantra most of the time, and it helps. but maybe that is also why I don't have a problem with the backlight.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote