Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 11:00 AM   #16
statik
statik began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Zire 71
Alex, an invite would be great! Love the site, although I'm more often a lurker than a poster

e-mail to statik13@gmail.com
Old 03-30-2005, 11:02 AM   #17
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Device: TH55
Hi,

I'm just feeling like posting today.

I called my wife on this and she was wondering if this will turn out like GMail where after awhile the people testing the service will get invites to pass out also?

She is into scrapbooking and thinks this would be interesting.

Peace,

David
Advert
Old 03-30-2005, 11:33 AM   #18
gadgetguru
Addict
gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Tungsten T5
Interested in one too.

PM sent.

What I like about Mobile Read is the community, it has one of the best community around. Unlike some bigger sites, where trolls linger, Mobileread is about community of shared interest. The views may vary, and arguments may insure, but logic/reason is what drives it, not emotions and biased opinions.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:47 AM   #19
jepoy
jepoy began at the beginning.

Device: SE t68i
Hello Alex,

Nice site... can i have an invite?
Old 03-30-2005, 11:57 AM   #20
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
OK everyone, the first row of invitations is out for:
lesliefranke, tadw, groov, Gaston99, mouk, stobs, lshapiro507, Harpgliss, gadgetguru, jepoy, eprenen, cheshire, ignatz, statik

I'll send the next bunch in a row when the next few invites have been requested.

For those of you who have contacted me directly: please make your post here first, then PM me (or post your e-mail if you are comfortable with it). That is the only way how I'll send out the invites.
Advert
Old 03-30-2005, 12:18 PM   #21
Romeo
Romeo began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 3650
new user here.

your site is pretty interesting... i would probably stick a little longer and continue reading previous posts

thanks for the invite you will send

Last edited by Romeo; 03-30-2005 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:57 PM   #22
maceyr
Palm Discoverer
maceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it is

Device: Treo 650 & Zire 71
Thanks for giving us the chance to get an invite for 360. I'd love to receive an invite since 360 looks like a really cool idea. I'll be giving you a PM soon. Thanks in advance!

This is a great forum that focuses on offline readers for the PDAs. I've found a lot of great info on Sunrise, Plucker that I probably wouldn't have found anywhere else. And there's lots of interesting stuff on other topics related to Palms. Keep up the great work!

And it's great to get those rss feeds.

Last edited by maceyr; 03-30-2005 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:28 PM   #23
scotthrogers
scotthrogers began at the beginning.

Device: blackberry, palm te
Alex, I too would like to receive an invite. And yes, I'm a daily reader of Mobile Read--I like the site's take on the mobile industry (and more) and it's casual nature.

Thanks,

srogers
Old 03-30-2005, 02:03 PM   #24
lm00lm
lm00lm began at the beginning.

I've been trolling the site for a while now - one of the few ebook ones that doesnt breakdown to instant whining and unrealistic desires. Keep up the great work.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:07 PM   #25
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
There's only one tab I never close in my Firefox. What's in it? MobileRead, of course!
I'd like an invite. Thanks!
Old 03-30-2005, 02:14 PM   #26
brahamt
Groupie
brahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Even when I was halfway around the world with limited Internet access, I always checked in on MobileRead every chance I got.

I would like an invite too please, Alex. Thanks very much.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:17 PM   #27
lm00lm
lm00lm began at the beginning.

=)

double posted like a noob
Old 03-30-2005, 02:28 PM   #28
IsLNdbOi
IsLNdbOi began at the beginning.

Device: B&N Nook
I guess you can tell from my post count why I joined.

Well, if I don't qualify for one of these Yahoo! 360° accounts, no problem! It's always nice to be part of a community like this one.

Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 03-30-2005 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:31 PM   #29
BlueYonder
BlueYonder began at the beginning.

Device: EB-1150
I registered here a couple of weeks ago and have been enjoying lurking and reading various threads. In just a short time, this site has become one of my favorites, and I now check it every day. And I'm not just saying that because I'd like an invite. As some others have said, I've especially enjoyed the intelligent discussions regarding the DRM issues. Anyway, I would like an invitation, please. Thanks!
Old 03-30-2005, 02:34 PM   #30
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Good Morning All,

I'd like to give this Yahoo! thingy a chance. Pleasse consider me for an invite.

As mentioned above, I also like MobileRead for it's all-encompassing gadget/technology updates, and for it's lack of stupid flame wars. I really like when there are tons of new items on the Frontpage so I can leran about the technology that's important to other people. The other day, an item I posted made the Frontpage. I felt like I won the lottery. I like that, even though I'm a Palm guy and a Mac guy, there are items about other OS's so that I can see what I'm missing or to give me clues on finding an equivalent product in my chosen OS('s).

I like the weekly synopsis to let me catch up on what I've missed when I'm away for a while.

I like the games arcade so that I can get beaten mercilessly at Hexxagon.

I notice that you've been experimenting with different Google ad's and their placement. I wasn't a big fan of that, but I suppose you have to get some revenue to keep the site up.

I like that there are links to other sites so that I can see what's going on on those sites without having to visit them (unless there's an article that I want to read.)

I like that people are willing to express their opinions without fear of reproach and that serious and intense conversations can elicit the best arguments from opposing sides.

I like that the iSilo list has introduced me to several different mobile sites as well as the wonderful world of configuring iSilo, leading me to many happy hours of iSilo reading on my Zodiac2.

I like that I can read the responses to different threads in my e-mail instead of having to log into MR every single time.

So, there is more to like for me than not. I'm happy when I get responses and when there's new and exciting news on the Frontpage. I'm bored with the internet when there's no new items on the Frontpage.
POL9A
Closed Thread