Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-31-2008, 01:10 PM   #1
jimhen
jimhen began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS505
Question Sony eBook Store Gift Cards

I have a friend (not a Sony Reader user) who wants to purchase a gift card for me to use in the Sony Book Store (lucky me!). Unfortunately, I couldn't direct her to where she can do that. Can anyone help? I am assuming the Sony Style gift cards are not valid for the book store - correct?
jimhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhen View Post
I have a friend (not a Sony Reader user) who wants to purchase a gift card for me to use in the Sony Book Store (lucky me!). Unfortunately, I couldn't direct her to where she can do that. Can anyone help? I am assuming the Sony Style gift cards are not valid for the book store - correct?
She'll have to go to Borders to get the gift cards.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2008, 01:56 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhen View Post
They would have to d/l the Sony eBook software, install it, create an account and then they could buy you a gift card. Maybe better if they just paypal you the cash.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:50 PM   #4
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Target also sells $15 and $50 Sony Connect gift cards. They are usually on display in the electronics department with the Reader.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:20 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
Target also sells $15 and $50 Sony Connect gift cards. They are usually on display in the electronics department with the Reader.
Have you verified they work in the ebook store? Sounds like they should.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2008, 07:25 PM   #6
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Have you verified they work in the ebook store? Sounds like they should.

BOb
Yep, they work just fine! Got myself a couple of the $15 ones a few weeks ago.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #7
dextrone
dextrone began at the beginning.

Device: none
If you don't want to go to target, I'd be happy to sell some to you at a reduced price because I don't have an ereader and I don't like the DRM.....
I can provide my end of the deal first, I have 35$ worth of giftcards for the Sony ebook store.........
dextrone is offline   Reply With Quote