Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-05-2008, 04:01 AM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Calibre USB problems for PRS-505

I am getting the following error message every time I have calibre started then I insert the USB to my PRS-505

I have never had this problem before, nor does any App have an issue with this USB device. Adobe DB, Sony CONNECT work fine.

This problem occured when I re-installed my OS. After re-installing Calibre I started to get this problem.

The work around is to shut down Calibre and restart it with the USB already connected.

Code:
error: (21, 'GetDiskFreeSpace', 'The device is not ready.')
Failed to perform job: Job #10
Further device related error messages will not be shown while this message is visible.
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre\gui2\jobs.pyo", line 64, in run
  File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 66, in get_device_information
  File "calibre\devices\prs505\driver.pyo", line 313, in free_space
  File "calibre\devices\prs505\driver.pyo", line 284, in _windows_space
error: (21, 'GetDiskFreeSpace', 'The device is not ready.')
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I've added a short delay that should take care of this. Will be in the next version.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I've added a short delay that should take care of this. Will be in the next version.
Thanks!
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
yallcome
yallcome began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Calibre ust now quit recognizing PRS505

Interesting -- just updated Calibre today to .127 and now it doens't see the reader. Any ideas? Has been working fine up to now.

Thanks
m2
yallcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:35 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What OS are you on?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert