Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Kindle Fire and the Kingston Digital Wi-Drive

I've ordered a Kingston Digital Wi-Drive for use with my "coming soon" Kindle Fire HD.

It is supposed to work with the KF but has anyone had experience with it yet?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=166037
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Curious why you did this. I was thinking that the new KFHDs with inexpensive memory upgrades would quench my thirst for one of these. Seems like it would be less expensive and less complicated to upgrade the Fire.

You have shaken my confidence in that thinking. Help me decide.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Why needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I've ordered a Kingston Digital Wi-Drive for use with my "coming soon" Kindle Fire HD.

It is supposed to work with the KF but has anyone had experience with it yet?
That external drive has either 16 Gb or 32 Gb which was fine for the original Kindle Fire with only 8 Gb.

The new Kindle Fire HD comes with either 16 Gb or 32 Gb which matches that drive. Thus, the exterrnal drive is now unnecessary. Its probably NOT a conicidence that Amazon matched the new HD to that drive.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
That external drive has either 16 Gb or 32 Gb which was fine for the original Kindle Fire with only 8 Gb.

The new Kindle Fire HD comes with either 16 Gb or 32 Gb which matches that drive. Thus, the exterrnal drive is now unnecessary. Its probably NOT a conicidence that Amazon matched the new HD to that drive.
There is a 64 gig option also.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
Curious why you did this. I was thinking that the new KFHDs with inexpensive memory upgrades would quench my thirst for one of these. Seems like it would be less expensive and less complicated to upgrade the Fire.

You have shaken my confidence in that thinking. Help me decide.
Options are always good to have plus this works with other devices besides the KF. I'll be able to share content with family members who use iOS devices [big family trip out of the country coming up].
Old 09-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Thanks for the link.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Options are always good to have plus this works with other devices besides the KF. I'll be able to share content with family members who use iOS devices [big family trip out of the country coming up].
One of the pluses I had for the widrive was sharing content among multiple devices.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
One of the pluses I had for the widrive was sharing content among multiple devices.
Yep! That was my understanding.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #10
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
I have both the 64GB Wi-Drive and 500GB Seagate GoFlex Satellite drive. They work great with my Fire, Nexus 7, Xoom, Razr Maxx and any laptops I have used thus far.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote