Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Kobo Book Store Inventory Shrinking?

Has anyone noticed that a lot of books previously available for purchase in the Kobo store are no longer available? Specifically, I've noticed that their collection of technical books, especially computer-oriented books, is now a shadow of its former self. For example, when I typed in 'Linux' back in January I had several pages of books to look through. Now I get bupkis. This even applies for creative commons titles for which licensing should not be an issue. Has anyone else noticed this? Has there been any official explanation? I have noticed that one of the linux books that I previously purchased (a Smashwords title) is still available in 'My Library' but doesn't show up when I search for it in the Kobo catalogue.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
I did notice this. I thought I was lucky enough to be able to use that 90% off discount code on a Steel Detailing Manual that sells for $118. When the payment (and code went through), and I tried the "download adobe DRM pdf" button, I got an "Oops, the material you are looking for is no longer available" popup. Long story short, I ended up getting my 10 bucks back in store discount, but they confirmed that the book is no longer available.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert