Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
TV show preferences of Libs & Conservatives

Entertainment Weekly has an article on the TV viewing preferences of Liberals and Conservatives.

Other than Castle I think the Conservative TV preferences were pretty lame. However, I didn't like any of the liberal favorites either. Since I'm Libertarian this may explain why my tastes don't quite fit.

As far as shows that Liberals and Conservatives hate -- I have to say I agree with liberals. I don't like most of the shows they don't like (except for the UFC -- I like watching the fights). On the flip side, I happen to like several of the shows the conservatives hate (how can they hate Dexter and South Park?).

The article completely missed the Paranormal category, which are some of my favorites-- Supernatural, Sanctuary, Vampire Diaries, Secret Circle, Being Human, Grimm, etc. I'm claiming these shows for Libertarians.

Three of my favorite shows from this last year are Suits, Boardwalk Empire, and Game of Thrones. They weren't mentioned. The article also didn't mention sports and news programs. I like those too.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I watch Wall-E and Cars because my son gets to choose.

When it's not his choice, I watch Iron Chef (especially the original dubbed shows, but Iron Chef America is pretty decent), hockey, and tennis. I suppose I would be termed communist on the US scale of politics.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #3
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Shows how little mainstream TV impacts me: Top Gear, Mythbusters and The Daily Show are the only listed programs that I regularly watch. Wait... regularly? Make that The Daily Show.

No love for SF I see; I guess politicos aren't watching Chuck, Eureka, Warehouse 13, Dr. Who or Sanctuary.

In fact, that's almost my entire list of shows, plus an occasional feature on the Science and Discovery channels, and Planet Green. That must mean I'm something between a technocrat and a treehugger...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #4
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Of all the shows listed I watch conservative favorites Hawaii Five-O, and NCIS, and I'm about the biggest lib who ever libbed a lib.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #5
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
libertarian here. favorite shows: breaking bad, sons of anarchy, hell on wheels, louie, wilfred. i don't waste my time with network brain rot or "reality" shows.

the only thing that list tells me is that the public at large watches garbage.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 05:22 AM   #6
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I guess as an independent moderate I'm left out -- I have heard people mention some of these TV programs but have never watched one, but then I never watch TV. My wife is still peeved because I bought a 42-inch plasma TV, hung it in a spt that she considers prime real estate for art, and watch 3 or 4 DVDs a year on it but nothing else.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote