Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-11-2011, 04:14 AM   #16
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
@EvilWayz,

I was getting logged out of Ubuntu 11.04 at random times - nothing to do with calibre for me. Your issue may not be the same as mine of course, but there are certainly a lot of people complaining about random logouts.

I noticed yesterday that comments on one particular bug report for Ubuntu 774978 that a proposed patch had been issued for laptops in the synaptic touchpad code. I've enabled the proposed patches in my update manager and installed it. So far no random logouts - but being random means it might take a bit to be certain. Hopefully it is the fix thats needed and will be released generally soon.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:07 AM   #17
EvilWayz
EvilWayz began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Mr. Goyal suspects it's a problem with the proprietary Nvidia driver, and I have confirmed that calibre works fine if I switch to the open source drivers.

I also filed a bug involving the KDE framework for gnome, as any kde program ( amarok, minirok, etc) crashes to login as well.
EvilWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2011, 12:04 PM   #18
DarthBob
DarthBob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I'm having the same issue & I think I *am* using the proprietary driver. How do I confirm this & switch to the open source?

Doesn't seem to be anything I can check under System->Administration, which is where I'd expect to find a list of my hardware drivers.
DarthBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:54 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBob View Post
I'm having the same issue & I think I *am* using the proprietary driver. How do I confirm this & switch to the open source?

Doesn't seem to be anything I can check under System->Administration, which is where I'd expect to find a list of my hardware drivers.
System (menu): Administration: Additional drivers

It will show suggestions and A green mark if activated
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #20
DarthBob

For what it's worth at this point, I followed the instructions in the attached link (using Ubuntu Narwhal), and the issue appears to have disappeared completely for me.

http://www.mailrepository.com/ubuntu...m/msg/3790392/
Advert
Old 06-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #21
DarthBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
System (menu): Administration: Additional drivers

It will show suggestions and A green mark if activated
Thanks. I had actually located the information in my above post first. Hate using workarounds, hate messing with drivers, but when I checked the driver per your instructions, appears I'm *not* using a proprietary driver.

Thanks again.