Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-18-2007, 04:53 PM   #1
AndyQ
Enthusiast
AndyQ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
The big advantage the reader has over paper books

Following on from the reading in the loo thread, this happened to me a few years ago.

On one of my first business trips over to the States, I'd had a lousy journey, and
my bags managed to part company somewhere with me en route. I evntually arrived at my hotel after a 15 hour (including transfers) journey in not the best mood, but brightened up a bit finding out that my room had a whirlpool bath (no instructions but it was only a simple push button to turn it on and off - no problems).

Anyway, started the bath running, and grabbed my book from my briefcase, got into the bath and turned on the whirlpool.

Now at this point, I guess the bath wasn't quite deep enough and there was a huge cough followed by what I can only remember as an explosion and the contents of the bath rose upwards rapidly and flooded the bathroom. I was drenched and my book was..... well a lump of mush.

However, IF I'd had my reader (in awaterproof ziplock bag), whilst I'd still have used up every towel in my room (plus a number of others) trying to stop the flood running out my room and down the hall, I would at least have had something to read the rest of that miserable evening.

I've never since been able to trust a whirlpool bath !
AndyQ is offline   Reply With Quote