Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 06-14-2003, 10:41 AM   #16
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Not sure. My system here is all contected via a central control unit called Crestron.

I remember I have also a Marantz 5000i remote, which is the same as the Phillips Pronto 2000. It can be fully programmed. Not sure if that is what you meant?
Old 06-16-2003, 03:03 AM   #17
zpos
zpos really knows where his or her towel iszpos really knows where his or her towel iszpos really knows where his or her towel iszpos really knows where his or her towel iszpos really knows where his or her towel iszpos really knows where his or her towel iszpos really knows where his or her towel iszpos really knows where his or her towel iszpos really knows where his or her towel iszpos really knows where his or her towel iszpos really knows where his or her towel is

There's always the option to use PDA remote control software (omniremote for instance), if your PDA supports it and you can get the codes. Saying that, I think these are learning remote controls, so you probably need a remote control in the first place.

Oh well, it was just a thought!

z
Old 06-16-2003, 08:53 AM   #18
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep that would be cool! Question is if anyone (brahamt you hear me?) knows anyone who can "copy" the control codes from the original Sony remote.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:48 AM   #19
brahamt
Groupie
brahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
I have the control codes for Sony Camcorders.

The issue is I know nothing about OmniRemote. That said, if the codes are similar to the code base from URC remotes, you can find the codes at:

http://www.anycities.com/rhm5757/sony_home.htm

I have a complete device file for URC remotes that combines all of the codes you see at this site into one device.

I'll play with OmniRemote or the one that comes with the Clie and see what I can find out.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:30 AM   #20
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally posted by brahamt
I have the control codes for Sony Camcorders.

The issue is I know nothing about OmniRemote. That said, if the codes are similar to the code base from URC remotes, you can find the codes at:

http://www.anycities.com/rhm5757/sony_home.htm

I have a complete device file for URC remotes that combines all of the codes you see at this site into one device.

I'll play with OmniRemote or the one that comes with the Clie and see what I can find out.
Thanks Brahamt! I just googled a little bit on this topic and found this on how to enable Direct A/D conversion on my TRV-900 (realtime DV transcoding). Looks like I must buy a LANC cable at the end. Not sure.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:42 PM   #21
brahamt
Groupie
brahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animals

I know this thread has been inactive for a while, but it seems that DVD Profiler is down. Has anyone been able to access it for the last few days?
Old 02-28-2004, 07:42 PM   #22
Dmc
Enthusiast
Dmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it is

Device: Audiovox Thera/2032
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahamt
I know this thread has been inactive for a while, but it seems that DVD Profiler is down. Has anyone been able to access it for the last few days?
I haven't been able to get to that web page either. i just thought it was my stupid DSL connection laughing at me. I was about to try the software for my 13 DVD's! (not worth the memory, I know)

But just a little comment on the IRDA functions on the palm... they are really only meant to transfer files back and forth between pilots. If you want to control your camera, TV, DVD, VCR, PC (lots of fun), Stereo, MD player, Microwave, etc... you may need to buy an external infrared transmitter because when I programed my pilot using omni-remote (which i paid 40$ for :<) i had to be 6 feet from the device i wanted to control. (strangly enough my brother's brand new clie had worse transmitting distance!) So unless you have a very small apartment or you like getting up off the couch to change the channel using the omni-remote then you might want to consider a different alternative. If anybody knows a hack or a fix to increase the power let me know. And if the handheld companies have compensated to this problem with the newer handhelds then i give you permission to curse my name and wack me over the head with you Zire's.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:49 AM   #23
brahamt
Groupie

Just an update, but it looks like the site is mostly back up.