Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #31
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I would like to ask a question, this seems like a good place to do so. Using a Kobo Glo with Calibre and the extended plugin. After connecting the device, it takes a while to read and sync all the data. That is not a problem.

However, on sending a new document to the device, it seems to refresh the entire thing all over again.

Is there a way to prevent it from doing that? I am not sure if I should change something in Calibre settings. I don't want it to refresh the entire device list after sending one item! (As an experiment, I have been loading tons onto the device, I am up to 3800+).

Well now that I've posted my question, it doesn't seem to be doing it. So maybe I changed what needed to be changed. Not sure what that is, though. Any ideas?

Last edited by booklover6; 11-25-2013 at 12:31 PM.
booklover6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #32
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I would like to ask a question, this seems like a good place to do so. Using a Kobo Glo with Calibre and the extended plugin. After connecting the device, it takes a while to read and sync all the data. That is not a problem.

However, on sending a new document to the device, it seems to refresh the entire thing all over again.

Is there a way to prevent it from doing that? I am not sure if I should change something in Calibre settings. I don't want it to refresh the entire device list after sending one item! (As an experiment, I have been loading tons onto the device, I am up to 3800+).

Well now that I've posted my question, it doesn't seem to be doing it. So maybe I changed what needed to be changed. Not sure what that is, though. Any ideas?
It always sends all the metadata after every send to device, whether one book or 1000. Sometimes it takes longer than others, not sure why.

I would like an option to manually update the metadata once if sending multiple books one or two at a time, but I doubt that will happen as one might not do it. Still it would be nice to have a use at your own risk option. (yes I know I can use the reading list or mark the books etc., but I forget dammit)

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #33
Davinia
Davinia began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo, Sony ereader, Pocketbook 301
sorry guys, I did a very blonde thing and forgot the checkmark next to "create bookshelves" :S sorry for bothering. Works like a charm now
Davinia is offline   Reply With Quote