Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
seanbob
Enthusiast
seanbob is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
Restore Original Cover?

Is it possible to restore the original cover to an eBook after changing it to a downloaded cover or a generated cover in Calibre?

The only solutions I've found so far are to manually open up the epub and pull out its cover.jpg file (when one is available), or to delete the book from the Calibre library and re-add it, which requires re-entering its metadata again.

I feel like I'm either overlooking something or the feature doesn't exist. And if it doesn't exist, may I suggest that it be added in a future version?
seanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
seanbob
Enthusiast
seanbob is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
Okay, after some additional poking around I believe I've found a solution to this in case anyone else was wondering:

Click the small book icon in the upper right corner of the Edit Metadata screen to restore the original cover from the selected eBook format.

Calibre is such a fantastic tool... Thanks again to the developers!
seanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote