Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #1
bear4hunter
Addict
bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle 3 & DX Graphite, PocketBook 302 & Pro 603
Art is not an orange

First I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, so Mods feel free to move as you like.

World-known Author Paulo Coelho has posted interesting thoughts on sharing works of art, piracy and the greedy industry on his blog.

Quote:
But the industry is thinking on the opposite direction of our reality today. I follow Hilal on Twitter (even if she tweets once a year…). Hilal is from Turkey, but lives in Russia (and she is the main character in ALEPH). She first read a pirate edition of “The Alchemist”. Hilal download the text, read it, decided to buy the book. Up to today, I have over 12.000.000 hard copies sold in Russia, and counting.
Quote:
I also decided to create “The Pirate Coelho”, an non-official fan page that allows people to download the full texts in different languages. I am selling more books now than ever.
You can read the full post here.
bear4hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Never heard of him, but free ebook as promotion for real book won't really work now that people have devices to read ebooks on. Free ebook as promotion for another ebook might work, but that won't be much use to anyone who only has one ebook.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:12 PM   #3
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
I read half of the alchemist on paper, I suppose I'll read the other half on my Kindle.

Also that blog post makes no kind of sense, He created a non-official fan page about himself?
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
He created a non-official fan page about himself?
I really needed a good laugh today and this did it, thanks!
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote