Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-07-2007, 11:57 AM   #16
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
Makes me think of using something like this, LOL..... now don't laugh, it would probably work.

http://www.action-lights.com/flashli...eadsuplite.asp
I use one for work and they work great on the reader. But if your spouse gets your attention while you're using it, he'll get a light blast that he's not bound to forget.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:00 PM   #17
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
LOL...... well I was reading in the dark cause he was on the floor in the living room sleeping, why I was reading in the first place..... I bookmarked one of those sights just in case I did go this route. I don't think these clipons are going to work unless they have something that is long like my keyboard light that can light up the whole screen and if I think I will be doing a lot of reading in the dark, so far last night was really the first time. But I like to be prepared.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2007, 01:04 PM   #18
Turtle Woman
Enthusiast
Turtle Woman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I have tried the Energizer one and the rechargable one. I prefer the Energizer because it has the flexible neck, but I have to keep a finger on the neck to keep it pointed to the right spot and it doesn't cover the whole page so I have to keep bending it. But at least it can be bent, unlike the rechargable, and the charge on the rechargable doesn't seem to last very long at all. The Hammacher Schlemmer catalog has the over the ear book light http://www.hammacher.com/publish/71931.asp but I don't know that it's bright enough and my husband is already annoyed that I've bought two booklights and don't really use either one.
Turtle Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:10 PM   #19
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Woman
I have tried the Energizer one and the rechargable one. I prefer the Energizer because it has the flexible neck, but I have to keep a finger on the neck to keep it pointed to the right spot and it doesn't cover the whole page so I have to keep bending it. But at least it can be bent, unlike the rechargable, and the charge on the rechargable doesn't seem to last very long at all. The Hammacher Schlemmer catalog has the over the ear book light http://www.hammacher.com/publish/71931.asp but I don't know that it's bright enough and my husband is already annoyed that I've bought two booklights and don't really use either one.
I was wondering what two booklights would do, one on each side.
Either way I thank you for the link, that one does look interesting. I was bending my gooseneck light last night as well and that started to turn into a pain real quick and mine is a real shorty.... I should be reading my books now instead of message boards, ha ha but I am chronic for being on the computer as well.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:13 AM   #20
JohnB
Enthusiast
JohnB began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500, iPAQ 4700, Rocket Ebook, BlackBerry
I have one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
Makes me think of using something like this, LOL..... now don't laugh, it would probably work.

http://www.action-lights.com/flashli...eadsuplite.asp
I have something similar, as do others on the forum. I find it uncomfortable when using for any length of time - pressure on the head - and it becomes even more uncomfortable when lying on your side. It is useful for setting mouse-traps in the attic, however...
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2007, 11:56 AM   #21
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB
I have something similar, as do others on the forum. I find it uncomfortable when using for any length of time - pressure on the head - and it becomes even more uncomfortable when lying on your side. It is useful for setting mouse-traps in the attic, however...
That doesn't sound very good. I have decided unless something super comes out I will do most of my reading which I normally do anyways, during the day with strong sunlight coming in through the windows.

These small gooseneck lights are irritating, at least mine is.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:49 PM   #22
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'd like to find something like this one, but smaller, cheaper and less ugly! Black or brown would be nice. A/C cord hidden in the back.
http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/j...rchid=inceptor

It's not portable, but would be great for reading in bed before I sleep. I tend to use my Treo a lot of times because of the backlight.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:31 PM   #23
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
I'd like to find something like this one, but smaller, cheaper and less ugly! Black or brown would be nice. A/C cord hidden in the back.
http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/j...rchid=inceptor

It's not portable, but would be great for reading in bed before I sleep. I tend to use my Treo a lot of times because of the backlight.
That looks great, now if it would only attach itself to the couch, I would be in business, LOL.....
Old 02-13-2007, 08:05 PM   #24
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Here's another option to consider.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:09 PM   #25
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

hmmmmmmmm, I don't think I like that one.......
Old 02-13-2007, 10:50 PM   #26
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But ... it'd probably help with reading A4 PDF files!.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:44 PM   #27
sea2stars
Zealot
sea2stars is on a distinguished road

Device: eb1150, Sony Reader
Here's what I got for the wife after she purchased, and then gave up on three other booklights for pbooks. It's really bright and has good coverage, though I couldn't tell you about the battery life; purchased the AC adapter.

Heh. I guess you could use this and have a booklight on each side of your Reader.
sea2stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:41 AM   #28
NatCh
Gizmologist

Man, that site is great! What an excellent find, sea2stars. They even have some of the CCFL lighting I was considering experimenting with. Thanks for pointing it out!
Old 02-14-2007, 01:38 AM   #29
TheMooch
Member Retired
TheMooch doesn't litterTheMooch doesn't litterTheMooch doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 Sony eReader
LOL...when in doubt...go eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/FLASHLIGHT-GLASS...QQcmdZViewItem
TheMooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:46 AM   #30
sea2stars
Zealot
sea2stars is on a distinguished road

Device: eb1150, Sony Reader
If you're looking for some CCFL lighting to play with, a good place to look online would be computer case mod sites.

Here's a site I've purchased from many times in the past;
4" Cold Cathode Kit with Dual invertor Sleeved - White

I'm not sure how you'd setup a battery system, but one of these might work for testing purposes.
sea2stars is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug light booklight