Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-09-2016, 06:55 PM   #7531
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2 & 5, iPad mini, Surface 3
Cool An Exclusive One on One Interview with Jim Butcher

An Exclusive One on One Interview with Jim Butcher

I had the amazing opportunity to meet 1:1 with Jim
Butcher at DragonCon this year. We were in the bar of
the Westin Hotel at lunch so it was really noisy. I have
done the best I can to remove some of the background
noise and I think Jim comes through loud and clear.

Interview is HERE!

[Political statement deleted - MODERATOR]

Above is a tweet by my 2nd favorite author of the
21st century (Jim is my first favorite). I am very
depressed by yesterday's voting results and her
tweet is an excellent reprentation of why. So I've
decided to take a posting hiatus from here.

I'll be back.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-10-2016 at 06:15 AM. Reason: y
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:32 PM   #7532
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim, PRS350/650, PB Touch Lux 623, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Interview is HERE!

tweet is an excellent representation of why. So I've

I'll be back.

Oh, look, Jim brought his dress-up dolly with him again. Someday, I hope he gets back to writing.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-10-2016 at 06:14 AM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:16 PM   #7533
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Kindle T, NT4B; Nexus 7
Quote:

Interview is HERE!

I'll be back.

Keep your politics where they belong, ie, NOT HERE!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-10-2016 at 06:14 AM.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:16 AM   #7534
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kinndle: Oasis 3G, Voyage WiFi;FireHD; Kobo: Aura One, Glo HD
Please take political statmenets to the P&R Forum - where these types of posts belong.

Back to regular programming, please.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:23 PM   #7535
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
I am very

I'll be back.

(((HUGS)))

I was depressed yesterday, now I'm determined. Take the time you need. We'll be here.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:44 AM   #7536
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Hi guys! Rereading the Dresden Files for probably the 5th time now.
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:35 AM   #7537
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
Wow, enjoy!! I won't be reading it again until sometime next year, maybe after I read the Rivers of London / Peter Grant series.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:34 PM   #7538
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, PRS-T1
I just read the short story about the first job of Molly as the Winter Lady. It was a good, and a bit sad, reading. She keeps getting the short end of the stick...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:42 PM   #7539
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool various...

Quote:
...I've decided to take a posting hiatus from here.

I'll be back.
I'm Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Oh, look, Jim brought his dress-up dolly with him again. Someday, I hope he gets back to writing.
So tweet him about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
(((HUGS)))

I was depressed yesterday, now I'm determined. Take the time you need. We'll be here.
Are you kidding? There was nobody here till yesterday which constituted a 3 week period with no posts here at all!!! Or did you mean We'll be here, lurking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
LEA!!! Boy am I glad to see you!!! I've been missing you for a long time! Glad to see you back! Hope it's permanent! I saw Christa over on GoodReads and requested her to return as well!

Quote:
Wow, enjoy!! I won't be reading it again until sometime next year, maybe after I read the Rivers of London / Peter Grant series.
Good idea, I've read all of the existing series and am anxiously awaiting #6 The Hanging Tree's release on January 31, 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I just read the short story about the first job of Molly as the Winter Lady. It was a good, and a bit sad, reading. She keeps getting the short end of the stick...
Yeah, looking forward to that one sometime soon!!

Last edited by alansplace; 12-02-2016 at 12:07 AM.
Old Yesterday, 10:39 AM   #7540
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML
Welcome back, Alan!
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM   #7541
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool various...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Quote:
Yeah, looking forward to that one sometime soon!!
Speakman's UNBOUND Anthology just had a major price drop and I grabbed it up. I just started reading Jury Duty. I laughed through the entire 1st court day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
Welcome back, Alan!
Thanks.

Last edited by alansplace; Yesterday at 04:35 PM. Reason: I wrote chapter but meant court day.
Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM   #7542
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
I'm Back!
Are you kidding? There was nobody here till yesterday which constituted a 3 week period with no posts here at all!!! Or did you mean We'll be here, lurking?

Actually, I meant we'll be here for you when you return.

I'll head back to studying for exams now.
Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM   #7543
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Oops...

Quote:
Actually, I meant we'll be here for you when you return.

I'll head back to studying for exams now.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy