Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #16
kukafei
kukafei has a spectacular aura aboutkukafei has a spectacular aura aboutkukafei has a spectacular aura aboutkukafei has a spectacular aura aboutkukafei has a spectacular aura aboutkukafei has a spectacular aura aboutkukafei has a spectacular aura aboutkukafei has a spectacular aura aboutkukafei has a spectacular aura aboutkukafei has a spectacular aura aboutkukafei has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600, Kindle DX
Those who are having trouble with the credit card authorization error, have you tried using a different credit card? While there may not be anything wrong with your card, something about Kobo's system could be rejecting based on cards rather than browsers (doesn't like cards that end in an odd number or expire in less than a year or are issued by certain banks).

The reason I suggest is that I just tried to purchase an Aura and got the error, then cleared the cache, used the same browser (FF), a different credit card, and the order went through. I noticed another poster said they tried several different browsers and then with their laptop AND A DIFFERENT CREDIT CARD the order went through.

Just a thought while waiting for Kobo to resolve the problem.

FYI, the rejected card was a BOA Visa ending in a 7, expiration 6/2014. The one that went through was a USAA Visa ending in a 4, expiration 7/2014.
kukafei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #17
caheaton
Enthusiast
caheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo & Kindle apps (PC, Android), Aura HD, Kindle Touch
Just tried to order from them today, using two different browsers (same card though) and all 3 times (twice in Chrome, once in IE) my order was stuck in processing after clicking to submit the order. Even submitted the last order while in chat mode with customer service...who was at a loss to help. Order's never did go through and so far, no charges on the card I used. I'd use another card if they accepted Amex.
Sigh....

Craig
caheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #18
winwintoo
winwintoo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by caheaton View Post
Just tried to order from them today, using two different browsers (same card though) and all 3 times (twice in Chrome, once in IE) my order was stuck in processing after clicking to submit the order. Even submitted the last order while in chat mode with customer service...who was at a loss to help. Order's never did go through and so far, no charges on the card I used. I'd use another card if they accepted Amex.
Sigh....

Craig
They do accept Amex.
winwintoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #19
caheaton
Enthusiast
caheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Odd, as my order screen only offered visa and mc as the drop down choices.
Craig
Old 09-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #20
winwintoo

Quote:
Odd, as my order screen only offered visa and mc as the drop down choices.
Craig
I had to update my MC with new expiry date and it gave me Amex as an option.

I'm in Canada, but that shouldn't make a difference.

Did you set up an account before you made the purchase?
Old 09-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #21
caheaton
Enthusiast

Yup...I've had an account with them for 3 years now. Perhaps their US page doesn't take Amex?

Craig

UPDATE:
Following a tip I saw from another thread, I went online and created a new kobo account, using a different email address than the one I use for my books. Placed my order using the same criteria and this time it went through! Very strange....however, I did contact them on Monday to let them know that I'd lost my original Kobo. They offered to put a block on my account, but I declined as I'd already deleted my card info from the account as well as changed my password. Perhaps that had something to do with it....

Anyway, now I'll have to hope they don't lose my order...

Craig

Last edited by caheaton; 09-20-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:17 PM   #22
winwintoo

Quote:
Yup...I've had an account with them for 3 years now. Perhaps their US page doesn't take

Craig
Considering its "American" Express, it's just the kind of thing that would make sense to someone