Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-28-2008, 11:02 PM   #91
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Mobileread.com Gang: Avatar for zelda_pinwheel, v.1, 28 April 2008.

imp conversion of Mobileread.com's thread of the best of the best avatars for zelda_pinwheel series (pictures only). I will do others as well. to avoid confusion in case of further revisions i have copied the title of the thread's post, including version number and date (they correspond to the mobi version i may convert at some time).

conversion notes : thanks to Nick's (that's me) brilliant conversion tool, i can make an .imp 1150 *and* a 1200 version with very little extra effort on my part, so i have included both here. the color illustrations make the 1200 particularly worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
She's going to have quite a surprise when she wakes up.
Run for the hills...
Attached Files
File Type: imp Avatar for zelda_pinwheel.imp (374.6 KB, 578 views)
File Type: imp Avatar for zelda_pinwheel_1200.imp (1.49 MB, 828 views)
File Type: imp Avatar for zelda_pinwheel_1200-made by ImpGlue.imp (102.5 KB, 547 views)
File Type: prc Avatar for zelda_pinwheel-Kindle-Cybook.prc (471.1 KB, 578 views)
File Type: lrf Avatar for zelda_pinwheel.lrf (553.9 KB, 575 views)
File Type: prc Avatar for zelda_pinwheel-iLiad.prc (720.1 KB, 651 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-28-2008 at 11:12 PM. Reason: added other formats for Kindle/Cybook/Sony/iLiad
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:27 PM   #92
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Now I can take Zelda with me everywhere my Reader goes.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #93
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
My humble submission.
ah, very nice... subtle, and yet completely in line with my undeniably retro (for a geek...) sensibilities.

Quote:
And for those who wonder what zelda really looks like, and how she spends her time when not reading.
now, see, what did i tell you about the hidden cameras ? didn't we just have this talk ? or was that with marc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
She has far fewer tentacles than I expected.
you may be confusing me with some other cephalopod who frequents this forum (but who ? ). i'm squid-friendly but that doesn't make me a squid myself. (what ? "masked by the bubbles" ? who said that ???)

Quote:
She's going to have quite a surprise when she wakes up.
i'm usually surprised when i wake up. "reality" (such as it is...) tends to be rather a shock after the splendor of my oneiric environment. well, i say splendor... other adjectives may apply. in this particular context i may add however that in addition to surprise my reaction is one of rare delight. (very rare.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Lovely. I mean, nice job.

Quote:
You're right. I'm all aquiver. I mean, can I help it if women daydream about me in their bubble baths? Now, can we get the Avatar for Zelda sticky off my head? It's making me cross-eyed.
what can i say, there's just something about that sleek polished finish, that magnificient cranium, the flawless circuits, the faint gleam of diodes in a darkened room... i go all aquiver myself just thinking about it. someone open a window, the screen is getting all steamed up.

the avatar sticky should stay though ; you never know what else it might inspire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
imp conversion of Mobileread.com's thread of the best of the best avatars for zelda_pinwheel series (pictures only). I will do others as well. to avoid confusion in case of further revisions i have copied the title of the thread's post, including version number and date (they correspond to the mobi version i may convert at some time).

conversion notes : thanks to Nick's (that's me) brilliant conversion tool, i can make an .imp 1150 *and* a 1200 version with very little extra effort on my part, so i have included both here. the color illustrations make the 1200 particularly worthwhile.
(hmm, is there an echo in here ?... ) much appreciated. now i can peruse my collection of avatars from my bed, as i drop off to sleep. i can't wait to see what effect if will have on the nighttime activity of my subconscious. i expect it will be interesting, to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Now I can take Zelda with me everywhere my Reader goes.
i wondered what that jostling was. hey, where are we ???
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:07 AM   #94
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

the avatars are starting to pile up (not that that is in any way a bad thing...) so i thought i'd best be moving along to the next one in line. we have the litterate and insightful RWood to thank for it. watch out, Zelda is not as sedate as she may appear in this photo...
Old 04-29-2008, 10:11 AM   #95
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Watch out everyone, Zelda has mastered multi-quote.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #96
zelda_pinwheel

zelda has mastered a lot of things.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:32 AM   #97
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Cute, but I still think the spinning pinwheel is best. Can't hardly wait until tomorrow to see what you will be!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #98
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
the avatars are starting to pile up (not that that is in any way a bad thing...) so i thought i'd best be moving along to the next one in line. we have the litterate and insightful RWood to thank for it. watch out, Zelda is not as sedate as she may appear in this photo...
To Zelda or not to Zelda, that is the question.
Still waters run deep.
Beneath the calm surface a torrent rages.
A bromide a day keeps the cops away.
Zelda, Zelda, my kingdom for a Zelda.
Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the most Zelda of all?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:35 AM   #99
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Cute, but I still think the spinning pinwheel is best. Can't hardly wait until tomorrow to see what you will be!
not to worry, the spinning pinwheel is still around... but do check back later, i've lots more in store...

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 04-29-2008 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:56 AM   #100
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
To Zelda or not to Zelda, that is the question.
Still waters run deep.
Beneath the calm surface a torrent rages.
A bromide a day keeps the cops away.
Zelda, Zelda, my kingdom for a Zelda.
Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the most Zelda of all?
(as if further proof of litteracy were needed... now you're just showing off )
Old 04-29-2008, 11:02 AM   #101
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
(hmm, is there an echo in here ?... )
Glad you liked (noticed) it, it was one of my better posting descriptions....
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:17 PM   #102
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
It probably says something profound (or profoundly twisted) about me that this is the post I found funny in the last twenty or so.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:52 PM   #103
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

now, see, what did i tell you about the hidden cameras ? didn't we just have this talk ? or was that with marc...
Yes, you said I can only use HD cameras if they've got a Streisand-filter over the lens. ([harrumph!] Kind of defeats the purpose of HD then, doesn't it?)

Quote:
you may be confusing me with some other cephalopod who frequents this forum (but who ? ). i'm squid-friendly but that doesn't make me a squid myself. (what ? "masked by the bubbles" ? who said that ???)...
Really? I thought all females came with tentacles?

Quote:
i wondered what that jostling was. hey, where are we ???
Oh dear. To quote an English playwright while alluding to a Japanese woodcut, "You are a fishwife" (Excellent, that's my favourite kind of wife!)

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:38 PM   #104
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I thought all females came with tentacles?
me wonders anew at the strange and exotic fauna populating Australia.

moving right along, today we all jump up and down with enthusiasm for Nate the Great's avatar. yay !
Old 05-03-2008, 09:34 AM   #105
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
A mistress of all ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda